Thread: Sony XNV-770BT 7-Inch WVGA In-Dash A/V Receiver with TomTom navigation module

Thanks

Sony XNV-770BT 7-Inch WVGA In-Dash A/V Receiver with TomTom navigation module

Sony XNV-770BT 7-Inch WVGA In-Dash A/V Receiver with Bluetooth, USB, Satellite/HD radio ready, and Integrated Navigation from TomTom
    Anyone has tried this unit?
    Is it possible to update the maps like in the TomTom portable devices?

Regards

sultansaga is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Sony XNV-770BT 7-Inch WVGA In-Dash A/V Receiver with TomTom navigation module

i need application sony xnv-770bt 7-inch device for my chines doubel din wince6.0 any on can upload ?

Thanks

Re: Sony XNV-770BT 7-Inch WVGA In-Dash A/V Receiver with TomTom navigation module

I have the Sony XNV-770BT unit and have just installed it into my Honda Van. Its a great unit, however, the update process is now thru a web interface. It no longer uses HOME so you no longer can add POIs, other map colors, car icons, wallpaper, voices, etc by accessing the files. The GPS unit now uses Linux and is accessed by your browser as a network card with a mac address.

All that said, you can update the map thru the web access. I have updated both my map and the firmware already and it works fine. You can also add POIs if you have them thru the web interface, however it is poorly designed and clumsy to do. But it does work. However, you can not yet add additional map themes, voices, icons or desktops.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Can you use new Tomtom maps and hacked firmware from this site to update you unit or do you have to buy new maps from the TomTom website only?

Thanks

map1234,
    I have contacted Sony support and TomTom support and despite they gave different answers for my question the only (major) issue was the same - you can not use the same maps/firmware you use in your TomTom GO (PND) navigator. So, it means you can not upload any map from any torrent to your device. However, I also tried to find Navcore for XNV-770BT or XNV-L77BT but the only firmware I found was NavcoreCarminat TomTom (2010, ver. 8841.453398).
    I am afraid if you buy this unit you will have to buy only legal maps/firmware.

By the way, there are some questions still open for me, if somebody can help, pls:
    1. Can I use XNV-770BT (bought in USA/Canada) in Europe? Because I have read on Sony web site that there are different TomTom navigation modules installed but at the same time in TomTom support center I was informed that GPS will work all over the world.
    2. What is the difference between XNV-770BT and XNV-L77BT? Only TomTom Live services?