GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: A little help....

Thanks

A little help....

Recently bought a Chinese 7" 2 din, Wind CE 5. great unit I really like it. 1st thing I did was made a Back-up of the Sygic drive 10 it came with and also put away the original SD card for safe keeping. on a new SD I've installed Igo8. success..

Now, I still have My original SD with Sygic and it runs fine, but if I attempt to make a copy and run it, it tells me I need to activate.. blaa .. blaa. I am missing something, its a legit version. any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Re: A little help....

That kind of depends on your definition of 'legit'....i have got a very similar unit, and it too came with Sygic drive 10, but i spoke to Sygic and it came as news to them ;-)

Out of interest why did you go for Igo?

Cosmic Blue is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: A little help....

Quote Originally Posted by alshere View Post
    Recently bought a Chinese 7" 2 din, Wind CE 5. great unit I really like it. 1st thing I did was made a Back-up of the Sygic drive 10 it came with and also put away the original SD card for safe keeping. on a new SD I've installed Igo8. success..

Now, I still have My original SD with Sygic and it runs fine, but if I attempt to make a copy and run it, it tells me I need to activate.. blaa .. blaa. I am missing something, its a legit version. any advice would be appreciated
    Identification of the Sdcard would not match what is stored on the phone. I believe you would need to edit the sys.txt file to amend the sdcard id No. so it matches the copied version.

Most providers encode the sdcard id as part of the program to encourage you to call them if you need copies and to verify that it is a legit vetrsion in the program that is stored on the hard drive of the device.
    Last edited by Cosmic Blue; 4th August 2011 at 14:46.