I understand there are exchangeable maps and regular map updates
there is tomtom and ...(never can distingguish??? so I'm confused in what I have)
As I download using the downloader (13.4.2) I like the downloader since -I get Loquendo TTS selectable updates)
-the WCL files
What map's do I get ??? tom tom ?? or ????
but lived for a long time with 2013.03
now i update to 2013.06 where 2013.09 is announced
never seen a downloader for 2013.09 after downloading ton's of megabytes to get back 2013.06/03 ????
Or people are pushing for the higher numbers 08===> 09 (want more downloads ??? or do I mis interprete the naming ????)
It is wonderfull to be able to download, but can someone please explain ??
Please note that there are 2 types of maps for Sygic
In the Map Downloader you will see also "Truck" which are "Navteq Maps"
These maps are version 2013.09.
They have the name "NT" next to them
They are for Europe only
Sygic uses both TomTom and Navteq maps
The TomTOM maps are version 2014.03 they have "TA" next to them
The Navteq maps can be used for both Car and Truck.
If you want to use these maps the content.info has to be changes
See below for Your car
[PRODUCT:Sygic GPS Navigation]
If you use the Truck version of Sygic it will show
- Set truck parameters and hazardous materials
- Avoid roads not suitable for your truck/cargo
- Truck parking and petrol stations as POI
- High quality Nokia maps stored on the device
- Works with GPS only, internet is not needed
- Turn-by-Turn voice instructions
- Spoken Street Names to focus on the road
- Waypoints for multiple places of loading/unloading
- Dynamic Lane Guidance to know the right lane
- Speed Limit Display and Speed Camera Warnings