Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: POI Convertor

Thanks

Re: POI Convertor

Hi Airion, i am using garmin in nokia can i convert my places to sygic upi format
    by nadeer ahammed.m email: nadeermalangadan@gmail.com

Thanks

There might be an easier way to do this but at least it works.

You might be able to use the same process for other formats too, as long as they can be exported to CSV?

1. Convert the Garman GPI speedcam file to CSV using GPSBabel (available for download free). Open the CSV file in Excel and swap the A and B cells around so that Longitude appears first (Sygic format is long/lat - not lat/long). Lat is the figure with a minus against it if you are in the southern hemisphere ie. 133.989258,-23.816171 not -23.816171, 133.989258

2. Save the file then open in Notepad and search and replace all the commas that separate values, with the straight up and down delimiter that Sygic prefers ie. "|" (which is a shift backslash without the quotations marks).

3. At this point you might like to divide the file into separate files for the various speedcam types by block and saving them to separate files. I didn't worry about the entries for narrow bridges, dangerous curves and intersections etc - but I did create a separate file for school zones. The beauty of this is that you can give each a separate icon and alert sound.

4. Change the .txt extension on your text files to .csv.

5. Once you have finished convert the file to RUPI using Sygic RUPI's converter (available free) and place the finished file in Aura/Map/Import on your device.

6. When you start Sygic it will find the new file/s and ask whether you want to import new database. Say yes. If it works you'll get the okay, if it doesn't it will report an error. Eeven if it does work you need to check it's got to right. This is how I learned about the long/lat thing because other converters weren't switching them around.

7. After this you need to go into Settings/Custom POI and give them an icon, rename the group if you like and tick the box to show in main menu.

8. Then go to Notifications and Sounds, Points of Interest and enable all, then set the parametres for distance and the alert sound you want to use.

9. If all goes well they should appear on your map and sound a warning at the appropriate moment. The one drawback of this method is that they are not directional and in fact are visible in a radius of the distance you nominate. But hey at least they work.

10. Sygic says if you add icons of 100x100 pixels in size and of exactly the same name as the RUPI files that you create to the Import folder, it will import them too. Hasn't worked for me yet, but I'm working on it.

I think that about covers it. Hope this helps someone?

Thanks

i have problem with icon, i used 100x100 24bit bmp format and renamed same as the rupi file. when try to import, icon is set to default "star". i tried variation, 40x40 up still same result. please help. thanks

Thanks

40 x40 24 bit works for me.
    BUT sometimes the icons fail to appear on screen - just a blank box?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)