GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: USA and EU on the same device (SD)?

n416 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

USA and EU on the same device (SD)?

Hi there,
    Is it possible to have on 2GB SD (TT XL ONE) both EU and NA maps?

I assume that some data manipulation (aka region elimination) might be required....
    For example ... one can temporary remove from device some countries in EU or regions in NA that are not part of the trip -but still have the rest "operational"?

Would something like that be possible?

I currently have on 2GB SD EU -and on device itself NA -but was wondering if I can somehow "merge" these 2 into a single map (not full but still...)

Thanks

steve uk is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: USA and EU on the same device (SD)?

i would not think so a map is a map to cut bits off and merge maps together i do not think will work. Never read any posts anywhere where this has been done.

n416 is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

I called TT Support and was advised that ONE XL does not support >2GB SD cards.
    So I got myself 2GB SD card instead of 4GB...

I also saw that Navcore allows maps-switching -so the only issue is the amount of avail space on the SD.

I think I saw at some point that I can add or eliminate regions on the map I do not need or never use (ea Alaska or similar) so I can fit both onto 2GB SD...

But it might be easier to simply use 4GB -providing that it does work... Is that confirmed

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n416 View Post
    I called TT Support and was advised that ONE XL does not support >2GB SD cards.
    So I got myself 2GB SD card instead of 4GB...
    I also saw that Navcore allows maps-switching -so the only issue is the amount of avail space on the SD.
    I think I saw at some point that I can add or eliminate regions on the map I do not need or never use (ea Alaska or similar) so I can fit both onto 2GB SD...
    But it might be easier to simply use 4GB -providing that it does work... Is that confirmed
    Support ... already replied to you within the other thread. Navcore allows to switch between maps as total not parts of them. This "region" adding functionality is in Garmin maps ...

su_A_ve is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

The XL devices support 4GB+ cards, with updated firmware - even though TT does not support this. Note that you can always use two separate SD cards - one for US and one for EU. Or you could use 1GB US maps which would give you another 1GB available for the EU maps.