GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: SD card Only + which navcore best ??

Thanks

Question SD card Only + which navcore best ??

Hello ALL,

I am a newb to satnav soft mod world and would like to ask a couple of questions before i go ahead with update.

My device info is:-

TT Go 530
    App 8.351 (9982/090518) OS:315187
    64MB Ram
    GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5120
    Map: 'United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland' v810.1887

I have read quite a bit across the TT forum sections and watched the tutorial which is great.I have just updated the unit with the lates online updates, mapshares and i assume the navcore is the latest for free. At no pont since i bought the unit would it allow me my latest free update that was advertised but i have seen that is common for alot of people . I have made a rar backup and a standard copy and paste to folder back up. I am aware that i can use a micro sd 2 or 4 Gb with an adapter in the 530 but i am a bit unsure as to a couple of things.

1: Can i patch a map and a navcore on my desktop and the transfer that to my SD card without touching the file system on the TT other than to read the device details.
    2: Which navcore is appropriate for me to use on my 530 as i have seen the guide but it is not model specific and i want to keep all functions if possible.
    3: My main aim is to update to Western & Central Europe, would that be okay to install those maps with the current navcore that i have or do the newest maps need a newer core.
    4: I also need to have at least uk speed cameras and am still not sure exactly how to install these, i think patch and then put in o/s folder but am not sure.

Thanks in advance and i hope thats enough info to work with. I will keep reading .

Rico

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 63 Posts

Re: SD card Only + which navcore best ??

1. You can patch on desktop. Make sure you have device ID writen down somewhere handy You need to have navcore and map installed on SD aswell, not only map!
    2. Your is quite enough, you'll need to patch ttsystem (or PNDNavigator if present) file to allow tt reading cracked maps - you can do it on sd only - safe
    3. You can have your current navcore version - no significant benefits to the others, will work properly with all maps.
    4. Patch like a map and put all into a map folder.
    In short: leave your internal memory as is - you will have legit system+maps. Play only with SD - tt will read SD only when inserted.

Thanks

Thanks For Your Help !!

I will try tonight when i get home and report back to confirm done.

Thank You

Rico

Thanks

According to TomTom, the max SD card you can use with a One XL is a 2GB. I'm not sure if that's true, it's just what TomTom say. I've asked earlier in another post.

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    According to TomTom, the max SD card you can use with a One XL is a 2GB. I'm not sure if that's true, it's just what TomTom say. I've asked earlier in another post.
    And you got replies, didn't you? Dependng on bootloader you may be able to use bigger cards.
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jarkita View Post
    And you got replies, didn't you? Dependng on bootloader you may be able to use bigger cards.
    Yes I did get replies, I've quoted what TomTom said regarding max SD card, that's why I asked on this forum after they told me.