GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TMC bar with Navcore 9 SE

Thanks

TMC bar with Navcore 9 SE

I installed Navcore 9 on my tomtom. I notice that there is a TMC bar on the right hand side of the screen whenever I mount my tomtom on to the stand. It thinks that I have a RDS TMC receiver, which I don't. Is there a way to disable TMC or disable the TMC bar on the right? It's taking up a bit of the screen and it's scanning for traffic which isn't there.

I tried FMoff and fixtmc on the txt files but that doesn't disable it. Any one have a solution?

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: TMC bar with Navcore 9 SE

I had the same problem with Go 700, also with an active dock.

I placed a file called ttpnpd in the root of the Tomtom file system. This file was present in some 8.3** and 8.4** versions of the SE Navcore and I have found it in the posting of Navcores for the lazy.
    Grab the topmost file from that post, 8_417_1255.RAR.html and save it to disk. Inside the Rar archive, in the \8.417.1255\Outsourced.8417\bin\ folder is a binary file ttpnpd (tomtomplugnplaydaemon) of 34800 bytes. Place that in the root of your Tomtom disk and pinhole-reset it. It should stop complaining about the RDS-TMC receiver.

Other solution which also seems to work:
    Remove (or rename) from the map folder(s) the files tmccodes.dat and traffic.dat.
    Last edited by heijx; 2nd June 2010 at 12:23. Reason: extra solution