GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Navcore update causes TomTom to reject map

LostinLaJolla is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Navcore update causes TomTom to reject map

I have a TomTom XL335S with 2 GB internal only. It originally came with a US and Canada map, and I used Albert's Easy Activator to change the map to NA 845.2645. And that worked fine.
    Then TomTom Home wanted me to update the navcore from 9.025 to 9.026, so I let it do that.

Now when I start the TomTom, it say "Problem with Map. You cannot use this mapon this device: North_America-132"

So I again used Albert's Easy Activator to "Patch my TomTom System File(s)". But when I do that Albert's says "Already Patched! original_PNDNavigator Exists!"

Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Can some help me?

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: Navcore update causes TomTom to reject map

Quote Originally Posted by LostinLaJolla View Post
    So I again used Albert's Easy Activator to "Patch my TomTom System File(s)". But when I do that Albert's says "Already Patched! original_PNDNavigator Exists!"
    Has Easy Activator made a backup of the pndnavigator file the first time you patched? In the tomtom file system look for a file pndnavigator.bak or pndnavigator.ori or the likes. If found, remove it and try to patch again.
    Or try patching with another tool, like yDGpatch.

LostinLaJolla is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I took your advise and deleted the "original_PNDNavigator" file and tried Easy Activator again, but it said "Already patched or SE version". It is not the SE version because it was d/led directly from TomTom.
    I also tried yDGpatch on both pndnavigator and ttsystem and it didn't work either. It did create a new pndnavigator file but I keep getting "Problem with Map. You cannot use this mapon this device: North_America-132" whenever I start the TomTom XL335S.

I d/led a file marked 9026-64: the cracked navcore for the 64MB. I then copied just the ttsystem file to the TomTom, but that didn't work. I then copied the cracked pndnavigator file to the TomTom and that didn't work either. Again "Problem with Map. You cannot use this map on this device: North_America-132"

How much of the cracked navcore should I copy to the TomTom? Any other ideas?

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by LostinLaJolla; 4th June 2010 at 18:51.

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LostinLaJolla View Post
    I took your advise and deleted the "original_PNDNavigator" file and tried Easy Activator again, but it said "Already patched or SE version". It is not the SE version because it was d/led directly from TomTom.
    I also tried yDGpatch on both pndnavigator and ttsystem and it didn't work either. It did create a new pndnavigator file but I keep getting "Problem with Map. You cannot use this mapon this device: North_America-132" whenever I start the TomTom XL335S.
    I d/led a file marked 9.026.rar, which was supposed to be the cracked navcore. I then copied just the ttsystem file to the TomTom, but that didn't work either. Should I try copying the cracked pndnavigator file to the TomTom?
    Maybe try download navcore from TTH and then replace (overwrite) all files from SE_ttsystem.
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.