GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Please oh please help this poooor fool !

tomtombong is offline Private
    Thanks

Please oh please help this poooor fool !

Hi people

I made a big long post last night, only to run outta a credit on my mobile internet, an it never posted, GUTTED !

So Im just going to get straight to the point this time.

I came on a gps forum last year sometime, to find out how to fix a tomtom 710 I bought whilst in hungary, that had no maps with it. Now I cant remember which forum it was, and I havent got the same computer that had all the software I had to put maps on and crack them and the software. The tomtom had sat in a draw for over a year b4 I had even got round to doing that.
    Well anyways I got some great help off somebody, who gave me all the links, for the maps I needed, and the software to crack the map an the firmware.

Well im in a real desperate situation at the moment, with absolutly no cash to my name, no longer having that tomtom, but having another newer but more basic model i think, its a tomtomONE (4ee0.001.22)
    It only has English maps on it, And Im driving to Hungary in about a week with my girlfriend, and can not afford at this time another gps or any maps.

I need you wise people to give me some information on where I can get the right western europe maps for this model, and the needed software to put it on my tomtom

please oh please wise people of the forum i beg of you, enlighten this pooooooooooooor fool I beg of you, an my the bhudda blessss you

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 63 Posts

Re: Please oh please help this poooor fool !

rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Looks like it is a One V4 with only internal memory and no SD card. Can you connect it to your PC and check the size of the memory installed?
    If it is 1 GB, you have more possibilities than if it is only 512 MB.
    The map Central and Eastern Europe 845.2666 is 650 MB in size and reaches from Germany to Hungary.
    The map Benelux 845.2666 is 70 MB in size
    The map France 845.2666 is 290 MB
    The map UK/ROI 845.2666 is 143 MB.

Basically this means that with 512 MB only you need to take a laptop with you to move maps between laptop and Tomtom since there is no room for all maps.
    With 1 GB you can do without a laptop if you don't travel thru France. (Ferry to Belgium or Netherlands). Total of UK, BNL and CE Eur is around 870 MB which leaves just enough for the Navcore and just the English voices.

Quickest way would be to download the above maps and patch them, patch your existing software with yDGpatch or easyusetools, remove all voicefiles except the data004.* and data005* English ones.

Be advised that you cannot plot the entire route in one go, since between UK and Belgium/Netherlands you need to switch maps and also between Belgium/Netherlands and Germany.
    If you plot the full route at home using
    Code:
    http://routes.tomtom.com
    you can note for yourself the places in UK and Belgium/Netherlands to navigate to and where to change the maps.

tomtombong is offline Private
    Thanks

hi there peeps

right i have a new question, that might mean its not completely relavent now to this part of the forum, but since you peeps were so helpful an quick to respond already, thought id try here 1st. that and where i wanted to post has no posts at all, which i guess isnt the end of the world i hope.

I have now abandonend ideas of putting an EU maps on that half gig.

But i have now seen a very well priced refurbished Blaupunkt TravelPilot Lucca 3.5, BUT it dont clearly state whether it has on the dvd included actuall maps of hungary, but i have found a dvd on sale on the net, for eastern europe 2009 for this sat nav wiv 100% of Hungary, is there anywhere i might find a torrent of this map, and how easy or hard is it, to patch maps for this OS

please help guys, and if this now needs to be moved oke dokey

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomtombong View Post
    hi there peeps
    right i have a new question, that might mean its not completely relavent now to this part of the forum,
    But we try to stay on topic ... You'll get better support here I suppose http://gpsunderground.com/forum/foru...p?57-Blaupunkt
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.