GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Problem with TomTom Home using updated TT 910

Hazzing is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Problem with TomTom Home using updated TT 910

After installing NC 9.101 on my TT and patching both map and home, I get an error in Home.
    Here goes (translated from danish) : Can't connect to the server. You have an invalid version of the TomTom programme installed on your TomTom. If you want to use Home, you must install the right version of the prigramme.
    I even deleted the files in this folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\7sm5gy7v.default\extensi ons\
    .....rebooted the unit and still the same problem. Then I copied the folder Navcore.9.101.516023@tomtom.com to the folder named above and nothing happened.....still the same problem. Then, when I click OK the progamme starts up and seems to work, but when I try to "Operate my TomTom" things go wrong again. It tells me,that my map doesn't work and I'm stuck again......please.....need some serious advice here.....TIA

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 63 Posts

Re: Problem with TomTom Home using updated TT 910

Do you have a config folder with all configuration (model, setconfig etc)? Put there a file version.txt with 2 lines A:7903 and below B:9183 Reboot and you should have ttgo.bak, ttgo.bif and ttgo.ori in root. This will fool Home about application used You should have following lines in .bak & .bif:
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
    ApplicationVersion=9183
    when .ori shows:
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9101
    ApplicationVersion=516023.2
    This should help.
    PS You don't really need this "Operate ..." functionality. All MapShare & QuickGPSFix you get anyway w/o logging in.
    Last edited by jarkita; 6th June 2010 at 07:58. Reason: added ps
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jarkita View Post
    Do you have a config folder with all configuration (model, setconfig etc)? Put there a file version.txt with 2 lines A:7903 and below B:9183 Reboot and you should have ttgo.bak, ttgo.bif and ttgo.ori in root. This will fool Home about application used You should have following lines in .bak & .bif:
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
    ApplicationVersion=9183
    when .ori shows:
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9101
    ApplicationVersion=516023.2
    This should help.
    PS You don't really need this "Operate ..." functionality. All MapShare & QuickGPSFix you get anyway w/o logging in.
    Thanx jarkita

Hmmmm.....here's what I've done. I've unpacked the "switchfiles.rar" and it made me the config folder I was missing. The 2 lines in the "version.txt" is already in the textfile. So far so good.
    But the *.bak and the *.ori never appears, even after I've rebooted the TT. Am I just plain stupid or what am I missing in your detailed description?

BTW.....I still get "invalid map" when I try to operate the TT within Home......weird
    Last edited by Hazzing; 6th June 2010 at 10:00.

Thanks

well....now I got the files....the ttgo.bif, ttgo.bak and ttgo.ori, but Home still says "invalid map", despite the fact that I have activated the map and it works perfectly on TT.
    I'm baffled.....don't know what to do....