GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no voice with certain navcores?

LostinLaJolla is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Question Why no voice with certain navcores?

Let me bring you up to date before I explain my problem.

I have a XL335S. I updated the map to NA_845.2645 and the navcore (using TT Home) to 9.026, and patched both using Easy Activator. And now everything works, including the voice. So I should be happy EXCEPT

I had previously downloaded a patched version of 9.026 marked for use with 64MB memory, which I have. This version was not specifically for my model and was not from TT Home. But it had tons more options in the menus, like playing music, reading documents, viewing photos. I loved it. But it would not play the Susan voice at all, even though it was properly installed. There was a menu option for speaker output, but that was properly set for internal speaker.

So my question is: Is there any reason why one 9.026 navcore would have voice but another wouldn't? I would love to get the patched navcore to work with Susan voice because of all the additional features.

02xdaaus is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Re: Why no voice with certain navcores?

Quote Originally Posted by LostinLaJolla View Post
    Let me bring you up to date before I explain my problem.

I have a XL335S. I updated the map to NA_845.2645 and the navcore (using TT Home) to 9.026, and patched both using Easy Activator. And now everything works, including the voice. So I should be happy EXCEPT

I had previously downloaded a patched version of 9.026 marked for use with 64MB memory, which I have. This version was not specifically for my model and was not from TT Home. But it had tons more options in the menus, like playing music, reading documents, viewing photos. I loved it. But it would not play the Susan voice at all, even though it was properly installed. There was a menu option for speaker output, but that was properly set for internal speaker.

So my question is: Is there any reason why one 9.026 navcore would have voice but another wouldn't? I would love to get the patched navcore to work with Susan voice because of all the additional features.
    There is a long explanation about this some where, but in summary Loquendo has model protection in some navcores to prevent it from running on non TTS models, Attached is a patched file that will allow it to run on your 720. Over right the file in the "loquendo TYTS\bin" folder and your done.

As always backup the original file first if there is one.

Cheers

PS this is not my creation credit goes to Mirelle. The file is part of one of his navcores.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 02xdaaus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you so much. I did what you said but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. Still no voice at all.

Another thing that's unusual. When I try to play a music file, I always get "An error occurred during audio playback". So I have no sounds at all.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Susan, and I do have the internal speaker selected.

Any more ideas??

Thanks

Thank you so much. I did what you said but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. Still no voice at all.

Another thing that's unusual. When I try to play a music file, I always get "An error occurred during audio playback". So I have no sounds at all.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Susan, and I do have the internal speaker selected.

Any more ideas??
    Two ideas left. 1 in your config have you set "TTSON"? What happens when you select a non computer voice? Do you get sound/ music to play? ASR woun't work of course, but it could help elimate causes...
    2. I will look at creating a dump of my 720 and or 710 and package it up. Running 9026, X40, Handsfree working, ALG(map dependant), ASR, IQ Routes. Auto day night doesn't work in X40 mode but everthing else does.

Idea 2 is a last resort as it could take some time to remove any personal stuff. No map will be included

Idea 3. What version of "Susan" do you have installed? under the loquendo fiolder there is a file called "Susan.vce or Susan.vcf" VCE indicates version 6.5 or 6.9 VCF indicates vesion 7.

In 9026 X40 you need version 7 VCF. If you downloaded from TT Home you could very well have version 6 because that it what your hardware officailly supports...

Cheers
    Last edited by 02xdaaus; 7th June 2010 at 03:50. Reason: another idea

Thanks

"1 in your config have you set "TTSON"?" I don't know where to look for this.

"What happens when you select a non computer voice?" A non-computer voice plays once (ie: Test plays once, then stops working). Then no more sound.

"Do you get sound/ music to play?" No.

"What version of "Susan" do you have installed? Susan.vde

The version of 9.026 I'm trying to use was from a patched internet file, not from TomTomHome. It has 9 pages of preferences.

The version of 9.026 that TomTomHome d/led to my XL335S does work (voice works). It just doesn't have the cool features like MP3 player, photo viewer, document reader etc.

My XL335S may not have a microphone so ASR probably won't ever work.

One other thing: the TomTom doesn't always shut off when I push the button.

I hate to give up, but maybe I should just use the lame 9.026 version :-(

sunnybor is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

"1 in your config have you set "TTSON"?" I don't know where to look for this.

"What happens when you select a non computer voice?" A non-computer voice plays once (ie: Test plays once, then stops working). Then no more sound.

"Do you get sound/ music to play?" No.

"What version of "Susan" do you have installed? Susan.vde

The version of 9.026 I'm trying to use was from a patched internet file, not from TomTomHome. It has 9 pages of preferences.

The version of 9.026 that TomTomHome d/led to my XL335S does work (voice works). It just doesn't have the cool features like MP3 player, photo viewer, document reader etc.

My XL335S may not have a microphone so ASR probably won't ever work.

One other thing: the TomTom doesn't always shut off when I push the button.

I hate to give up, but maybe I should just use the lame 9.026 version :-(

To set TTSON, look for the setconfig.txt file in the config folder. It should look similiar to below. Change TTSOFF to TTSON. If it does not exist, add one.
    For voice, look for VocalizerTTS and use it to see if it help you. Goodluck

model:x30
    sdid:1
    runcheck
    changedtext:TomTom GO 720
    delgns
    delmap
    ttsoff
    btoff
    bton
    fmon
    fmoff
    usesetting
    cleanflash
    fixtmc
    fixpna
    noautooutsource

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnybor For This Useful Post:

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybor View Post
    model:x30
    sdid:1
    runcheck
    changedtext:TomTom GO 720
    delgns
    delmap
    ttsoff
    btoff
    bton

fmon
    fmoff

usesetting
    cleanflash
    fixtmc
    fixpna
    noautooutsource
    When TTSOFF is removed, Text to speech is automatically set to On. No need to add TTSON. Also, in the above list both FM and Bluetooth have conflicting switches. Both should be either ON or OFF. On a Go it is best set to ON.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to heijx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't have a config folder nor a setconfig.txt file. Should I create the folder and the file?

I don't have VocalizerTTS, but I do have LoquendoTTS.

And I do have a Susan.vcf file. It's located in the LoquendoTTS\data folder. The Susan.vde file is located in the LoquendoTTS\data\voices\Susan folder.

It seems like my TomTom has a different structure than yours.

Seems like I need to do a whole new d/l of a patched 9.026 navcore (one with extras like music player, photo viewer, document reader etc.)

Any good ones out there? My XL335S has 64 MB RAM and 2 GB internal, but no memory slot.

BTW: For those of you in OZ, my wife and I have visited OZ twice, for 2 1/2 month each time. Been to every major& minor town in OZ except Broome. Cheers.

Thanks

You have both version 6 and version 7 Susan TTS voice installed, this could be one of the reasons for no TTS they are clashing.
    Yes you need to create a folder called "Config" and in that the file called "setconfig.txt"

This file gives you control over the SE navcore. Read the file "readmenot.txt" it explains (all nut badly at times) what can go in that file and what it does.

A clean start would be a good idea. Backup first. delete all except map folders.
    Then install a navcore -9026SE- get that to work and then start to install voices etc

Cheers

tester3000 is offline Private
    Thanks
    I have also had the same problem with my TomTom XXL 530S. The voices don't work with the newer looking interface (with the 3 tabs on the bottom, instead of 2) The only way to get voices working is to revert to your device's original interface by placing a model.txt file containing "ori" (without quoutes) in the root of your tomtom. The will run your tomtom in its original interface. I'm using v9.051 navcore in this way. Too bad the x50 interface doesn't allow the voices to work properly.

Try one of these voices. I got it to work using Samantha.
    Code:
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?443-TTS-Vocalizer-voices-%28also-Dutch-Italian-and-German%29
    Last edited by jarkita; 9th June 2010 at 18:59. Reason: posts merged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast