GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: ONE 125SE Updating Questions

Thanks

ONE 125SE Updating Questions

Hi guys, I've been looking on this forum for quite a while in the past yet I haven't recently and I have some questions for you guys.

I have a ONE 125SE (Special Edition, no SD card, 1gb internal memory, TTS) and I was wondering what the latest Navcore and Map Packs I can install on it is and some short steps/guides to help me along.

I remember trying to upgrade to a member's ONE SE pack he made, and that caused my bootloader to update to a later version that was notorious for causing the transfer speed to be EXTREMELY slow and it took me a good day or two to find a bootloader downgrader for tomtom gps's. This incident has made me a little afraid on asking for help but I know everyone has at least one bad experience looking for help on forums.

Thanks - Kranny

I forgot to mention my Device information haha.
    Device AKxxx Axxxx
    App 8.082 (9667/090714) OS: 316116
    32MB RAM (3.8 free)
    GPS v1.21 Boot 5.5138 (iirc its the 5.5136 installed but the bootloader downgrader required that you change the name slightly as to not cause any problems)
    Map: 'United_states' v840.2570
    Last edited by jarkita; 7th June 2010 at 15:06. Reason: device id removed

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: ONE 125SE Updating Questions

I would keep the current navcore and simply get a new map.
    One option is the US 845.2666 map, another the just released 850.2820 for either USA only or a combination of USA and Canada or USA and Mexico, depending on which map or meta you find first.

Thanks

Ahh okay thanks. I remember using one version of the v9 navcore with success (some added new features, some greyed out/not supported) but I went back to stock because I was scared and didnt want to brick my TomTom.

I cant seem to find the 2820 map on the forum for North America/US but I am already currently downloading the 2782 maps for North America...but the rars add up to like 1400mb. I don't know how that will fit in 1gb. It's not labeled as 2gb as there is another download for that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kranny View Post
    I cant seem to find the 2820 map on the forum for North America/US but I am already currently downloading the 2782 maps for North America...but the rars add up to like 1400mb. I don't know how that will fit in 1gb. It's not labeled as 2gb as there is another download for that.
    It won't fit. Extracted, it expands to 1677 MB. A tad over 1GB.
    If you need a map now, go with 845.2666, otherwise wait for 850.2820.
    See
    Code:
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?1582-Charts-850.xxxx-Maps-vs-Navcore
    for map directory sizes.
    Last edited by heijx; 7th June 2010 at 14:54. Reason: added link

Thanks

Why do most of them say to have the 2820 map, yet its not available for the US for download?
    Last edited by Kranny; 7th June 2010 at 15:53.

Thanks

Give it some time. The 850 maps are just around a few days and need to find their way onto the internet.