GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help properly cracking maps/installing on my XL IQ Routes 340S

chicoquente is offline Private
    Thanks

Help properly cracking maps/installing on my XL IQ Routes 340S

XL IQ Routes TTS / 340S - 2GB (copied directly from the TT website after entering my Serial)
    RU****B*****
    ApplicationVersionNumber=9026
    ApplicationVersion=483454.2
    Downloaded Maps: North America 2GB 850.2782
    Original: North America 840.2568
    Hey guys.
    I could really use a hand here as I am new to cracking TT maps but I am computer literate. I have a XL IQ Routes TTS / 340S - 2GB. I connected my TT to my PC and launched home. It told me there was no updates available. I decided to update the maps so I downloaded "North_America_2GB_850_2782" which I believe is compatible with my system, maybe I'm wrong? I used Easy Activator and entered my device ID, selected the folder with these maps, entered the meta:

FF 1A A1 A8 EB 17 58 06 28 58 4E AB 77 E2 DC 97 North_America-162.meta

Which I got in the same thread I downloaded it from in the maps section of this forum. I then had it create the .DCT file. Finally I did the "Patch my TomTom System Files". I tried to use the "Patch my home DLL" but had no idea what file to select at that point.

After doing this I deleted the map that was on my TT (I should mention that I backed up the entire system before I did any of this) and put the newly downloaded/activated one in it's place.

As soon as I boot the system I see the TT splash screen for a fraction of a second and then it turns off immediately. At this point the only way to get it on again is hold POWER for ~15 seconds forcing a reboot. If I don't connect the USB cable it will again crash after the TT splash screen.

What am I missing here or what am I doing wrong? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

sunnybor is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Help properly cracking maps/installing on my XL IQ Routes 340S

1. FF 1A A1 A8 EB 17 58 06 28 58 4E AB 77 E2 DC 97 North_America-162.meta is not for North America 2GB 850.2782
    2. Restore your original map then upgrade to navcore 9.026.xxx and North America 2GB 845.2645
    2. Or Restore your original map and wait the meta of North America 2GB 850.2782

Goodluck

Thanks

For the navcore update, do I just need to use HOME to update to my latest version or do I need to manually do that via a download from here? Also, for the .xxx how do I know what version to put in there?

Thanks

Get it from here..

1. Get 2 files: SE_9.026.483454_basicpack.rar and SE_9026.483454_ttsystem.rar.
    2. Unrar them and copy to your Tomtom
    3. Assuming you have windowXP, copy the SE_9.026.4834543@tomtom.com folder to C:\Documents and Settings\HomeUser\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\uxl27rr8.default\extensi ons
    4. Move or rename your previous xxxx@tomtom.com in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\HomeUser\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\uxl27rr8.default\extensi ons

Thanks

Thanks for all your help so far.

Will those same steps work for: ??

Or will I need a different navcore?

edit: Also wondering, should I wipe the TT clean before I copy over the files I have downloaded?
    Last edited by chicoquente; 14th June 2010 at 02:58.

Thanks

If you already got navcore to work with the map "North America 2GB 845.2645", then you only need to replace the map folder with the map "North America 2GB 850.2781" after you activate the map "North America 2GB 850.2781".

Goodluck...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybor View Post
    Get it from here..

1. Get 2 files: SE_9.026.483454_basicpack.rar and SE_9026.483454_ttsystem.rar.
    2. Unrar them and copy to your Tomtom
    3. Assuming you have windowXP, copy the SE_9.026.4834543@tomtom.com folder to C:\Documents and Settings\HomeUser\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\uxl27rr8.default\extensi ons
    4. Move or rename your previous xxxx@tomtom.com in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\HomeUser\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\uxl27rr8.default\extensi ons
    Sorry to keep being a bother. I really appreciate your help so far. I got the navcore on and the map working just now but a few oddities.

1. With your step #3. Where do I get the folder I am supposed to copy? I didn't see it in either of the ZIP files I downloaded. The "ttsystem" folder only had the following "ttsystem", "readmenot.txt" -- which is in poor english and I am having a hard time reading, "Config" folder with "cycle.txt", "model.txt", "setconfig.txt" and "version.txt"

The text file leads me to believe I am supposed to do something wit these but I sure can't figure it out.

2. The navcore on my TT is now giving me a lot of extra, but useless to my model, options. Such as "google", "tomtom buddy", "bluetooth", "wireless data", "send/recieve files", "Command and control" and "my tomtom account". Can I disable this stuff?

Thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chicoquente View Post
    Sorry to keep being a bother. I really appreciate your help so far. I got the navcore on and the map working just now but a few oddities.

1. With your step #3. Where do I get the folder I am supposed to copy? I didn't see it in either of the ZIP files I downloaded. The "ttsystem" folder only had the following "ttsystem", "readmenot.txt" -- which is in poor english and I am having a hard time reading, "Config" folder with "cycle.txt", "model.txt", "setconfig.txt" and "version.txt"

The text file leads me to believe I am supposed to do something wit these but I sure can't figure it out.

2. The navcore on my TT is now giving me a lot of extra, but useless to my model, options. Such as "google", "tomtom buddy", "bluetooth", "wireless data", "send/recieve files", "Command and control" and "my tomtom account". Can I disable this stuff?

Thanks again.

1. With your step #3. Where do I get the folder I am supposed to copy?
    you can get it at below link. It probably is missing with the navecore zipfile that you have downloaded
    2. The "ttsystem" folder only had the following "ttsystem", Config folders....
    Copy ttsystem file and Config folder to your gps.

3. The readmenot.txt is basically a guide that allow you to set the model for GPS in the setconfig.txt or model.txt and turn off extra options. You can set it as oirg which will be your model. Or you can simulate other model such as x40light and x50. Those extra options will be disappear after you set the model .

4. The version.txt will need to have the correct values for A & B that you select for the model. The readmenot.txt als cover these value.

Goodluck

Thanks

I seem to have it up and running now. Just a little tinkering left to do with those config files. Thanks again for all your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chicoquente View Post
    I seem to have it up and running now. Just a little tinkering left to do with those config files. Thanks again for all your help. It is greatly appreciated.

If you want LoguendoTTS instead VocaliizeTTS. You will need to simulate as x40light, x40light2, and x40light3.
    It seem xl 340 does not have horse power for LoquendoTTS when simulating x40 and x50. It always freeze with x40 & x50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast