GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: no speed signs showing

kevpc is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

no speed signs showing

hi all. new here so hi to all. if posted this in wrong place please move. need a bit of advice, so hope someone can help.

have tomtom one v2, with navcore 8.412 that gives me working names for roads i am turning into, not just the way i am turning and map United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_845_2645. everything is working fine, including the speed cams and pics of eg 30 mile an hour signs. i wanted to update the map to United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_850_2781. what i did was format a new card, copy everything from the old card on to the new card, except the map folder but took all the speedcam files from the old map folder and put into the new map folder. i then used Alberts Easy Activator to generate the .dct file(s) needed. again, all is working fine except i see no speed signs (eg, 30 inside a white circle with red border) on the map as i do with the old card. sure i have missed something ridiculous but dont know what. not had this happen before so anybody able to enlighten me as to what i have stupidly forgotten to do/missed, or perhaps what isn't working properly, please?
    sorry for long post but wanted to give as much info as i could.

many TIA

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 63 Posts

Re: no speed signs showing

Not clear what kind of speedcams are you using? If not tt ones you also need to put .bmp files for each speedcam type to mapfolder.
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

Thanks

hi jarkita. tnx for reply. have both pgps files and tomtom files in map folder, as well as the .bmp files. all i did was copy all the speed cam files (.ov2, .ogg and .bmp for each speed) which work fine on other card with old map, into new map folder. when i check through the various options on my tomtom, again as far as i can tell, all options are ticked to show everything, but the actual speed (limit?) signs dont show. when i used the activator, as i have done previously when changing maps, only one .dct file was made which i assume is to allow me to use the map on my device. seems strange to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevpc View Post
    hi jarkita. tnx for reply. have both pgps files and tomtom files in map folder, as well as the .bmp files. all i did was copy all the speed cam files (.ov2, .ogg and .bmp for each speed) which work fine on other card with old map, into new map folder. when i check through the various options on my tomtom, again as far as i can tell, all options are ticked to show everything, but the actual speed (limit?) signs dont show. when i used the activator, as i have done previously when changing maps, only one .dct file was made which i assume is to allow me to use the map on my device. seems strange to me.
    Will load pgps on mine and check later on, standard tt ones work ok with me so far.
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

Thanks

hi jarkita. wondered if you had chance to try the pgps files? any probs if you have? if not, any other idea as to what i may have done/forgotten?

tnx

Thanks

Will have my TT back tomorrow, will check and get back then.

Edit: gatso30, mobile30, pmobile30, redlight - all work fine.
    Last edited by jarkita; 14th June 2010 at 18:33.

Thanks

hi jarkita. my apologies for late reply. had no further notification so didn't realise you had edited your last post. glad they're working for you but still cant figure out why not working for me. had any more thoughts of what could be wrong on my tomtom or what stupid mistake i have made? appreciate your help.
    bit more info, jarkita. not changed anything but have the gatso speeds and cams etc showing now, dont know why.still not got tomtom speed cams tho'.when i check inside tomtom services, cant see any option to enable them.any further suggestion please?

TIA
    Last edited by kevpc; 26th June 2010 at 20:05.