Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New v895 Maps Discussion

boynewaters is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: New v895 Maps Discussion

ok trying a 900 map will have in a while , how do i downlaod the meta.txt file for it and where do i put it once i have it

oldfogy is offline Corporal
    Thanks

You need to search for the TT 900.xxxx map thread and also for the Latest Meta.txt' thread.
    There you will find everything you need.
    Although if this is your first attempt, then you may also need to read up on changing your 'Navcore' as the standard TT navcore I believe is 7.xx and most maps now need at least a 8.xxx navcore.

As for the size of your original card, then the best thing would be to go and buy at least a 1GB SD card, (I can actually use up to 8GB SD card in my TT One V2)

I'm sorry if that is not what you want to hear, but there are plenty of tutorials in the tutorial section and that is where you need to start by the sound of it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

already changed my navcore to 9.061 i have a 4gb sd card i just aquired from my wifes camera muahahahaha , but the tom tom dosent recognise it when i put it in

Thanks

map 900_4611 where do i download the meta.txt file and where do i place it in the tt ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boynewaters View Post
    map 900_4611 where do i download the meta.txt file and where do i place it in the tt ?
    for got to say its uk and ireland

Thanks

I'm sorry if I sound rude, but have you taken the time even just to look at the thread titles, because everything you ask for is there for the taking and the first post usually explains where and what to do with it.

Edit

However from what I can see there is no meta file for the UK&ROI 900.4611 map as yet, so you need to download one of the maps to correspond with either of the meta files below.

86 C0 91 59 2C 34 03 FC 97 12 06 0A 97 2B 4F 81 United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-665.meta ; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland 900_4602
    A7 7E AF C6 AD D4 E7 6E 21 72 A2 6C F3 53 14 37 United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-670.meta ; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland 900_4608

On this forum meta files can be found here:
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...odes-only.html

Last edited by oldfogy; 3rd December 2012 at 16:19. Reason: Text added

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ive spent the past couple of days trying to find my way around the forum , im really great-full for all your help ive realised now i need to buy a bigger sd card to hold the bigger maps , the 1 i have from the camera is no use its a sdhc card , hopefully after a few weeks of reading and fiddling with my tt , hopefully i'll be able to help others as you have done me

BIG THANKS

Thanks

A sdhc card should be fine (that's all I use)

You may need to format the card, so format it as FAT, then place the blank card into your TT and turn it on, that should create a small file over on the card that the program you are trying to install will need.

From then, install the navcore then install the new map, finally download onto the root of the card the 'FastActivate_28.09.2012 and the meta.txt file' although I am noticing some of the maps now actually contain the meta file which will need moving to the root of the card also.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i'll give it a try thanks let you know how i get on , with the sdhc card , i didnt think that would work as tomtom say on their site it wont thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boynewaters View Post
    i'll give it a try thanks let you know how i get on , with the sdhc card , i didnt think that would work as tomtom say on their site it wont thanks again
    Yes I know, but I did prove a long time ago that you must not believe everything that TomTom tell you.

Another prime example is the problems with TT screen Calibration going out of alignment and TT telling you there is no fix, when there is actually a fix out there, again if you know where to look.
    Although I did post the fix tutorial on the TT site and it's surprised me it has not been removed by TT.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415