GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Is there a thread with reccomended navcores

bigmike20vt is offline Private
    Thanks

Is there a thread with reccomended navcores

for different tomtom models, along with the best maps to use.

I am sure you guys find it all simple, and after a lot of reading i *think* i get it, but when i 1st came here i was blown away with all the different settings.

I currently have
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/388467857/9_101_one.rar
    on there and it is great, but i think it would be really useful to have a thread with reccomended "best featured" patched navcore paired with the different tomtom models.

Do not think this of as ungrateful, i am not at all thanks to this site i have a new map for free , its just a suggestion i think a lot of inexperienced tomtom modders may find really handy

cheers

M.

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Is there a thread with reccomended navcores

Hmm, ok. Of course this is highly personal. I for one am convinced that Navcore versions 9.*** are too heavy for 32 MB / 266 MHz devices (i.e One, One XL, XL without Live or IQ, Go classic, Go 300, 500) but others might say it runs fine.

So here goes:

Go Classic, Go 300, Go 500, One, One XL, XL up to 2008: either 8.562 or 8.417 SE, possibly with Vocalizer TTS. Run in x40light mode with folder \outsourced.xxxx present for memory saving.

Go 700, Go x10: Still 8.562 or 8.417 but also 9.051 if you want better graphics. Run in x40 mode and there is no need for the \outsourced folder. Use Vocalizer TTS or, if you have the 910, use the original LoquendoTTS it came with.

Go x20, Go x30: If you want all options of your device to work, especially EPT from 920/930, go for the original 8.351 and patch it. Otherwise, try any 9.*** version and it will work. 9.051 works nicely on my 920TMC with TMC also working, provided you choose x30 or x40 mode. I have no experience yet with 9.101 SE.

Go x40: Again, if you want all options designed for your Tomtom to work, stick with 8.371 and patch it. Otherwise, 9.051 in x40 mode or possibly 9.101.

Go x50: The original navcore I believe is 9.026 so you can use it and patch it. Otherwise 9.051 or 9.101 in x50 mode.

XXL, XL IQ and XL Live (2009): Use the original navcore for those devices, they are already 9.***. Yesterday someone here complained that his XL crawled to almost a halt when he updated from 8.562 (Original) to 9.053 original, so in some cases it might be best to stick with 8.562...

Start/Ease (version1): 8.544 ME (Mireille Edition) by DarkMireille. Do a Google search for these words.

Start2/Ease2: The original navcore for these devices, or possibly also 8.544 ME or 9.051 ME. Again, google.

underground4444 is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: Is there a thread with reccomended navcores

The latest official Navcore for Rider/Rider2 is Nav 7.901
    (only this version works with the CARDO Scala Bluetooth Headset!!)

bigmike20vt is offline Private
    Thanks

thanks for your thoughts, i will check them out (after backing up so i can go back to the 9 if needed )

was a little disappointed that the new map with the new postcode still thinks i live on the next street but i cant blame that on the TOM TOM

jarkita is offline Captain
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heijx View Post
    Go Classic, Go 300, Go 500, One, One XL, XL up to 2008: either 8.562 or 8.417 SE, possibly with Vocalizer TTS. Run in x40light mode with folder \outsourced.xxxx present for memory saving.
    Totally agree, tried almost all navcores on my device - 8.39x and all 9.xxx till 9.024- too "heavy" for 32MB. Rest works acceptable - didn't use any extras - basic navigation only with any of x40light emulation. Now with 9.101 use TTMplayer and vocaliser Serena - also ok. If I should pick one -> 8.562 .
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

Rob2160 is offline Private
    Thanks

Yes I totally agree, for my XL Live with IQ routes (with 64mb) 8.562 is far superior to 9.053..

Only one drawback... I can't update to the latest 8.50 maps (Usa Canada and Mexico)

A bummer since I paid for the annual map update service..