GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: is there any hope? (original ttsystem might be gone)

Thanks

is there any hope? (original ttsystem might be gone)

Long story short, last year I put a new navcore and new maps on my TTONE 3rd ed 1GB and all rocks. Now when I am trying to remove the USA/Canada maps and put Italy on it for my trip I get the map all settled (at least with Easy Tools, etc, but no luck with Albert's) but it keeps saying it's not activated.

I went through and used yDGpatch and that says "not found, already patched" for my TTSystem file and I can't do anything. I cannot recover my original backup, it's gone.

Any suggestions about how to get the latest Italy maps on there and get around the 'activate' or already patched issue?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. - I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. Thank you to everyone who helped me out last time before my account here got erased.
    Last edited by jarkita; 9th June 2010 at 18:35. Reason: thread moved

02xdaaus is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Re: is there any hope? (original ttsystem might be gone)

Quote Originally Posted by voumowia View Post
    Long story short, last year I put a new navcore and new maps on my TTONE 3rd ed 1GB and all rocks. Now when I am trying to remove the USA/Canada maps and put Italy on it for my trip I get the map all settled (at least with Easy Tools, etc, but no luck with Albert's) but it keeps saying it's not activated.

I went through and used yDGpatch and that says "not found, already patched" for my TTSystem file and I can't do anything. I cannot recover my original backup, it's gone.

Any suggestions about how to get the latest Italy maps on there and get around the 'activate' or already patched issue?

Thank you in advance.
    P.S. - I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. Thank you to everyone who helped me out last time before my account here got erased.

With a one year old Navcore I suspect that the latest map is not compatible. Check out the navcore to map chart in the maps section.

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

One way would be to connect to TTHome and update your "Tomtom Application" to 8.010. This you can then patch with yDGpatch or Easyusetools.
    An other way is to get the SE Navcore 8.417 or 8.562 which is already patched. If with either one of these you still have no luck, the map is not properly patched. Is it an 845 or 850 series map? Not all 850 metas are valid, or so it seems.

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice you guys. I'm going to get the SE Navcore from here:
    Code:
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?349-Navcore-8.562.438269
    and try to upload that with the new map and try to patch it that way. If all else fails I will just go the legitimate route and update the device to an official release from TOMTOM and then repatch it.

I will post what happens.

Actually I forgot to post, but my Navcore is 8.410, so when I checked the lastest Navcore/Map chart is was listed as 'should work'. I was trying to install 845.2666 map of Italy, not something super new.

My current stats:
    model: One 3rd Edition 1GB
    serial: Y2****B***** (these 3 characters only!)
    navcore: 8.410 (1218/090213), patched with EasyUseTools to USA Canada
    bootloader: 5.5001
    Last edited by jarkita; 9th June 2010 at 18:33. Reason: posts merged

yuriyggg is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Перевод: русский > английскийПоказать латиницей

The device is too old of course ...
    My advice (I am such a device)
    -Delete all formatted in FAT 32
    Take-ready software 9026_one or 9051 from my post= navcore for the lazy=
    When the unit start-run-add map
    Last edited by yuriyggg; 9th June 2010 at 14:29.

Thanks

I did as you said and it seems as though there is an issue with the maps. I get 2 listing when I start the device up:

. Italia - when presse it says that it's not activated
    Italia - when pressed sayd you cannot use this map on this device: ._Italia-40

Is it that my map isn't patched properly from here?

Thanks

Thank you for your help. Should others have this issue, I am on a Mac running XP through VMWare. For whatever reason it creates the files in the map folder and then creates duplicates of those in the same folder, but marked as hidden. So when they would get loaded to the unit, it would see 2 .pna (one listed as hidden in XP, one not) with neither showing as usable and patched. So then.......

I used map 845.2666, patched it, loaded it, deleted the hidden files, checked with with RunmeforMetakey.cmd and it passed. I booted the unit and it was perfect. Thanks again.