GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TomTom One Second Edition questions

Thanks

TomTom One Second Edition questions

Hi -
    I have a TomTom One Second Edition, and I would like to update both the Navcore and maps.

I am aware that using the onboard memory I need to use (and find) the 850.2820 or the 850.2783 1G maps (for North America) which I have not succeeded in finding.

I am curious as to whether I could use one of the 2G maps (the 850.2781) if I were to run it from the SD card, rather than the internal memory, as those maps seem to be readily available.

Also, I am curious as to whether I am better off running the 8.562 Navcore, or the SE 9.1.01 Navcore?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best -
    Rich
    Last edited by 24track; 15th June 2010 at 00:54.

macapaca is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Re: TomTom One Second Edition questions

Quote Originally Posted by 24track View Post
    Hi -
    I have a TomTom One Second Edition, and I would like to update both the Navcore and maps.

I am aware that using the onboard memory I need to use (and find) the 850.2820 or the 850.2783 1G maps (for North America) which I have not succeeded in finding.

I am curious as to whether I could use one of the 2G maps (the 850.2781) if I were to run it from the SD card, rather than the internal memory, as those maps seem to be readily available.

Also, I am curious as to whether I am better off running the 8.562 Navcore, or the SE 9.1.01 Navcore?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best -
    Rich
    You can run any map that fits on your SD card OK providing you patch it. Check your bootloader number to make sure it supports the SD card size.
    As you only have a ONE second ed, you do not have speech input, and your CPU and mem are less that the Go models, 9.101 is no advantage
    Last edited by macapaca; 16th June 2010 at 07:49.
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz