GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused what Navcore/Map combination to use on Go920

paz1664 is offline Private
    Thanks

Confused what Navcore/Map combination to use on Go920

Hi

I've been trying to upgrade the navcore and map on my Go920 but haven't been successful so far. I tried to use Easyusetools and Alberts Easy Activator. The activation seems to work OK but when I start the GO up it has a red screen saying "You cannot use this map on this device". I've tried different versions of maps.

I want the latest Western and Central Europe and the latest Navcore that works on the GO920. Can someone please help

Thanks

727oa is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Confused what Navcore/Map combination to use on Go920

Hi

It depends which map you want (with what kind of features) and the Navcore to use. If you want a map with IQ routes and all the features I would suggest a 9 series navcore. Please see this and choose your map and Navcore:
    if you want all the features then you need the 850.2800 map. You will find it here:

For the Navcore look here:

The best way is to backup your system, flash your memory and start with a clean istall. If you decide to use a standard Navcore you will have to patch your ttsystem as well as your map. In SE Navcores it's already patched.

Cheers.

Thanks

Thanks for that, will try the 2800 map when it's downloaded, probably the only one I haven't tried yet. When you say start with a clean install, do you mean delete everything on the GO920 and re install the original software and then overwrite it with the new navcore and then patch?

727oa is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paz1664 View Post
    When you say start with a clean install, do you mean delete everything on the GO920 and re install the original software and then overwrite it with the new navcore and then patch?
    No. Backup your original , delete everything and then put the new navcore that you want and patch it. Don't put the original and overwrite it with the new.

doshow is offline Corporal
    Thanks

The red screen is from an unsuccessful patch of the map. I use Easy Activator, if you're using Windows 7 use it in administrator mode by right clicking.

Western & Central Europe 850.2800 allows all the features e.g. ALG and IQ etc. The latest Officail Navcore for Go920 is 8.35 I believe.

I have a Go920 running on 9.051 and love what is allows for features, but I do notice the screen beiing a bit touchie sometimes...but you learn to work with it.

Like mentioned here earlier; use explorer before you do anything and backup your original, load the new navcore and map then patch. I use Easy Activator.
    Last edited by doshow; 18th June 2010 at 05:21.

Thanks

Ok Thanks , however, I've tried to install 9.051 but it just freezes on the start up screen, have also tried 9.053 and that does the same thing. I got 9.101 to load up but as soon as you touch the screen it freezes. As for the map I can't find a working meta for 2800 but have managed to get 2820 to work with my original navcore and it also works with 9.101 so thats good. I haven't tried any of the SE versions of the navcores, could they be better to use? Easy Activator is really excellent to use.

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

When you experience a freeze, try deleting mapsettings.cfg from your maps directory. 9.051 works fine on my 920TMC.
    Map 2820 does not have the automatic lane guidance built in.

Thanks

OK thanks, will try that, which map should I use for auto lane assist?

* Edit *
    Just tried that but it still freezes on the start up screen with the TomTom logo, it gets as far as the third step in brightness and stays there
    Last edited by paz1664; 18th June 2010 at 14:09.

Thanks

OK, I finally got it to work with 9.101 and it works beautifully, downloaded this one http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...e-9.101.516023
    set it to x50 emulation and it's good to go.
    Only thing now is, what map do i need for lane assist and do I need to change emulation.

doshow is offline Corporal
    Thanks

When I look at the 850 map chart your best bet is Western and Central Europe 850-2800.

You should learn to use the map chart.
    Last edited by doshow; 19th June 2010 at 07:28.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast