GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Questions about maps and Navcore ...

  1. #1
    icntf's Avatar
    icntf is offline Lance Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Questions about maps and Navcore ...

    Hello to everybody,

    I've installed on my TomTom 930:
    - Maps: USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P_850_2784
    - Navcore: SE Navcore 9.101.516023
    Everything is working OK, until I connect the GPS to the computer. Then TomTom Home (the software from my comp.) is giving me this message:

    "Error from server: You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
    Error code: 573 ..."

    If I'm trying to "Update my Go" and I'm selecting all the 3 options (GO 530, GO 730, GO 930 & Baskins Robbins & Map Share), TomTom will not recognize my map anymore. Probably I have to patch something but I don't know what ...! Would somebody help me, please, to fix this problem?

    When I restart the GPS, sometimes I have such a nice blue color scheme (and even the menu looks different) but most of the time it's starting with the old brown color. What should I check to have all the time the blue scheme?

    Thank you in advance!

    Bye, bye ...!

  2. #2
    doshow's Avatar
    doshow is offline Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Questions about maps and Navcore ...

    Go to your TT and open ttgo.bif with Notepad and do a "save as" ttgo.bak in the root of the TT. Now go back to ttgo.bif and change these two lines to;
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351
    ApplicationVersion=9982
    TT Home will see what it thinks is the "official" application version and you should be good to go.
    BTW, if you try Operating your TT via Home it will look and act like the 835 app version.

  3. #3
    heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    285
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Questions about maps and Navcore ...

    Quote Originally Posted by icntf View Post

    "Error from server: You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device

    If I'm trying to "Update my Go" and I'm selecting all the 3 options (GO 530, GO 730, GO 930 & Baskins Robbins & Map Share), TomTom will not recognize my map anymore.

    When I restart the GPS, sometimes I have such a nice blue color scheme (and even the menu looks different) but most of the time it's starting with the old brown color.
    What happened is that TTHome detected you were not running 8.351 which is your device's navcore.
    It told you to download it (tomtom application for Go 530, 730, 930) and after that you had a tomtom with a legitimate 8.351 navcore which does not read patched maps.

    The solution to prevent this in the future has already been given.
    In order to fix the situation you are in now, you need to copy the 9.101 SE files from your computer back to your Tomtom, overwriting any existing files.

  4. #4
    icntf's Avatar
    icntf is offline Lance Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Questions about maps and Navcore ...

    Hello again,

    Quote Originally Posted by doshow View Post
    Go to your TT and open ttgo.bif with Notepad and do a "save as" ttgo.bak in the root of the TT. Now go back to ttgo.bif and change these two lines to;
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351
    ApplicationVersion=9982
    TT Home will see what it thinks is the "official" application version and you should be good to go.
    I did this but after I've restarted my TT, I had the old (original) values. Of course, I've saved the file after I've modified it ...!

    Quote Originally Posted by doshow View Post
    BTW, if you try Operating your TT via Home it will look and act like the 835 app version.
    So, in order to have that nice blue color, I have to not update my device via TomTom Home? Is there any other way to update it ...?


    Quote Originally Posted by heijx View Post
    In order to fix the situation you are in now, you need to copy the 9.101 SE files from your computer back to your Tomtom, overwriting any existing files.
    Please give me more informations on how to do this. I don't know where those files are located in my laptop and where exactly I should copy them in my TT. I don't have too much experience with GPS systems.

    Thank you again! I really appreciate your help.

    Bye!

  5. #5
    heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    285
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Questions about maps and Navcore ...

    To modify ttgo.bif there is an easier way: In the SE Navcore it is already mentioned in the readmenot.txt. Create a file called version.txt with the following text:
    Code:
    A:8351
    B:9982
    and save it to the root of your tomtom. It will copy these values into the ttgo.bif file at the next reset. (Press the pinhole on the bottom of your tomtom for 15 seconds and then start the tomtom).

    Regarding the copying of the SE 9.101, I assumed you had already done this as described by you in your opening post. Basically you copy the contents of the SE 9.101 archive that you have downloaded in the past towards your tomtom. It is important to overwrite existing files since you need to change all files created by tomtomhome with files from the SE navcore.

  6. #6
    icntf's Avatar
    icntf is offline Lance Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Questions about maps and Navcore ...

    Hello,

    I've created the "version.txt" file and now I'm not getting that error anymore (from TomTom Home). But can I update the map share now? I'm asking you because I don't want to do all the installation again, in case if I will do something wrong ...! Anyways, I've made a backup to the content of my GPS.

    So, can I update the map share? Or it's there any other way to update my TT?
    If I will do the update, can I keep/use the nice blue color in the menu?

    Thank you again!

    Bye!

  7. #7
    doshow's Avatar
    doshow is offline Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Questions about maps and Navcore ...

    Quote Originally Posted by icntf View Post
    Hello,

    I've created the "version.txt" file and now I'm not getting that error anymore (from TomTom Home). But can I update the map share now? I'm asking you because I don't want to do all the installation again, in case if I will do something wrong ...! Anyways, I've made a backup to the content of my GPS.

    So, can I update the map share? Or it's there any other way to update my TT?
    If I will do the update, can I keep/use the nice blue color in the menu?

    Thank you again!

    Bye!
    The above mention work only applies to the Navcore version and TT Home to remove the "server error", there wont be an issue with map share and any other update you receiver from Home. In fact, you can ignore the "server error" by just closing that window and Home will function as it would normally. Yes without the ttgo.bak and version.txt additions, you can just close the error window and move on.
    Last edited by doshow; 24th June 2010 at 05:58.

  8. #8
    icntf's Avatar
    icntf is offline Lance Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Questions about maps and Navcore ...

    Everything is working PERFECT!

    Thank you, guys ...!

    Byeeeeeeeeeee!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •