GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: North America Map Accuracy

Thanks

North America Map Accuracy

Since getting my tt go 740, I've noticed a problem with POI's and addresses being "off the mark". As an example, if I navigate to my home address, the ending point is actually one house prior to the actual physical location of my home. This seems to be the case for many if not all adresses. Does anyone else have that issue? My buddy has a garmin which seems to be more accurate. Thanks.

jadesse is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: North America Map Accuracy

I am using the WM version & my house shows to be one after. These things are not 100% accurate & are only going to get you withing 50-100 feet. If it gets you from point A to point B accurately, then that is what really matters.

Thanks

I see your point, but it is disappointing to see other manufactures like Garmin are spot on. Also, if I'm looking for an address and it brings me to the address next door it can get a little confusing. Anyway, just wanted to make sure it was not just my device.

ChillyCat is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bawb28 View Post
    but it is disappointing to see other manufactures like Garmin are spot on.
    That's 100% unadulterated bullshyt.

TomTom's "spot on" ratio is extremly comparable to garmin. Then again.....who gives a flying
    fluck if yer one freaking house off. Hard to see how this could get yer panties all bunched up