GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems

patriot2010 is offline Private
    Thanks

Unhappy tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems

Hello everyone, a newbie to the forums and to Navigation stuff as well. I have used Garmin in the past but this TOMTOM XXL I have is giving me troubles. I dont know exactly which model it is because I got it from a friend of mine. What I do know is that the serial # starts with the letters RX followed by a sequence of numbers.

Now the problem I have is that after downloading TOMTOM Home I tried to upload the latest North American map v. 8.50. 2781 I downloaded from a torrent. I placed the downloaded file in the folder TOMTOM Home created and still it will not show up when I go under the tab "Manage my XXL".

I made another stupid mistake of moving the USA. CANAD. MEXICO maps which came preloaded, to another folder in order to make space for the latest North American maps. Since I couldn't get the N.A map to work I moved back and directly copied the preloaded map back to the TOMTOM and when I turn the gps on it says no map available.

Please help, what can I do to get the latest map to work? IF the latest map cannot be used how can I restore the older version? I would REALLY REALLY appreciate the help.

P.S. I have attached a pic of what the TOMTOM internal drive has stored on it at the moment. Maybe I am missing a folder or something that wont allow me to let the maps work. Please advise
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems-tomtom.jpg   tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems-tomtom2.jpg  
    Last edited by patriot2010; 26th June 2010 at 22:48.

Khris is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems

From the pics that you have attached, you need to unzip the map rar and place it into a folder named the same as the rar file. Here are a couple pics of what it should look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems-map-folder-pt1.jpg   tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems-tt-directory-pt2.jpg   tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems-tt-directory-pt1.jpg   tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems-map-folder-pt2.jpg  

Thanks

ok I did extract the files but still there is not map that shows up when I turn the gps on. The current structure of the files and folders on the gps HARD DRIVE look like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems-tomtom.jpg   tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems-tomtom2.jpg  

Thanks

Ok, you need to put all those map files into a folder named USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P and then use one of the activation programs like in this forum to activate the map: I have added another pic of the folder name, and inside is all the map files.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems-folder.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khris View Post
    Ok, you need to put all those map files into a folder named USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P and then use one of the activation programs like in this forum to activate the map: I have added another pic of the folder name, and inside is all the map files.
    Thank you so much Khris. I have a working GPS now. Cheers friend

Thanks

You're welcome!