GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: HTC HD2 only finds one map

Thanks

HTC HD2 only finds one map

Hi folks,

I have an HD2, I have TT 7.916.9192 installed (using the "VGA_Black_No_BT" version) and I can happily get a 720_1838 map to run after appropriate use of easy utilities (utility gives "OK finish code). However, I run the same utilities on 845 and 850 maps, including some for countries other than my home country, and TT will NOT find those maps when I try to switch maps; they are just not listed in TT. I am pretty sure I've always copied over the appropriate *.DCT files, but no joy. And, as I say, I CAN get one 720 map to work!

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Re: HTC HD2 only finds one map

What is the full map number(s) you are trying to use? Only certain maps work on a PNA/PDA.....a windows mobile. Have a look at these charts and see if your map number is compatible with the HD2 and TT 7.9xx

Thanks

Thanks for that - yep, I had looked at those and had all the green ticks for what I was after.

An update, though: I think this might be due to a flaky microSD card. I have tried the same maps on a different (but smaller) card, and all is good. Will update again if I continue to get a good result.

Thanks

OK, this is doing my head in - the microSD card I thought OK (the 2Gb one) is now only working for an AU 845 map - when I tried an NZ 845 map (with correct *.dct) it didn't work.

Can someone let me know what files TT7 looks for to identify what a map is? I realise it'll look in the root of an SD card, but what are the actual files it looks for so it knows it has a map?

Thanks

OK, fault found: I'm a tool. I was trying to use an NZ map that was not suitable for my device. Should have checked post #2; I did for the Oz map but not the NZ one. Thanks!