GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MapShare 20 weeks old!? on new 850.2834 map wtf!?

Obekende is offline Corporal
    Thanks

MapShare 20 weeks old!? on new 850.2834 map wtf!?

Hi folks

Yesterday download this map: "Western and Central Europe 2GB 850.2834" this map is official or beta version!? look here:

MapShare 20 weeks old!? wtf!

Someone explain? or know of anything?

regards....

youpi66 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: MapShare 20 weeks old!? on new 850.2834 map wtf!?

I noticed that with another map, but all went good after first MapShare update.

MapShare consists of the 4 following files in your map directory :
    MapServerPatch.dat
    ServerLineIndex.dat
    ServerNameIndex.dat
    PatchFilter.dat

I guess that they came with the map you have downloaded, perhaps they are outdated (which file date ?) because somebody put them here just to activate MapShare.

Just click on the top right big button -- that you called WTF -- when MapShare will be available.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youpi66 View Post
    I noticed that with another map, but all went good after first MapShare update.

MapShare consists of the 4 following files in your map directory :
    MapServerPatch.dat
    ServerLineIndex.dat
    ServerNameIndex.dat

PatchFilter.dat

I guess that they came with the map you have downloaded, perhaps they are outdated (which file date ?) because somebody put them here just to activate MapShare.

Just click on the top right big button -- that you called WTF -- when MapShare will be available.
    Well, This three files does not appear on the map ... I have copied from another map but does not work ... I am frustrated with this, I have again put the Iberia map, I wait for the official Western and Central Europe 2GB 850.xxx version for this TT IQ Routes ...

regards...

Thanks

Why do u say "I wait for the official 850.xxx"....is this not an official one? So far I tested it and it looks fine....in CH there is a lot of new streets and this map have them all.....I think this is a good one and not a fake....

Probably you (and I as well) get that msg because this map is probably a leak and not yet officially released from TomTom (it is not present on the official TomTom maps list....)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    Why do u say "I wait for the official 850.xxx"....is this not an official one? So far I tested it and it looks fine....in CH there is a lot of new streets and this map have them all.....I think this is a good one and not a fake....

Probably you (and I as well) get that msg because this map is probably a leak and not yet officially released from TomTom (it is not present on the official TomTom maps list....)
    hummm, maybe maybe.........

Thanks

My view on this:

MapServerPatch.dat
    ServerLineIndex.dat
    ServerNameIndex.dat
    PatchFilter.dat

Are not a part of the map. TomTom Home is getting them from Map Share service, however why you are copying old files to a new map? I have Europe_850_2800 now and TTH still prompts me to update my map to old, original 710 version including old postcodes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rafu View Post
    My view on this:

MapServerPatch.dat
    ServerLineIndex.dat
    ServerNameIndex.dat
    PatchFilter.dat

Are not a part of the map. TomTom Home is getting them from Map Share service, however why you are copying old files to a new map? I have Europe_850_2800 now and TTH still prompts me to update my map to old, original 710 version including old postcodes.
    850 800 The map takes up a lot more on my TT XL IQ, because it only has 2GB internal memory ... it's strange, the map is new and not being able to update, so I say it is not official ..... well I have now instaled again Western and Central Europa 2GB 245.2645......

regards....
    Last edited by Obekende; 3rd July 2010 at 13:28.

wwoef is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

I had it a few toimes with fresh maps I received from TT (legally). I think, since it can't find a date of an earlier update, it assumes a default 20 weeks.
    Nothing to worry about and certainly no sign that the map is suspect in any way.

Thanks

Nur als Vorschlag und falls Du ein Modell mit Speicherkarte hast: Nimm die Speicherlarte aus dem Navi, stecke sie in ein Kartenleser (natürlich angeschlossen) und starte TomTom HOME. Bei mir hat das geholfen, als ich (Navigon 8.562, WCE 2GB 845.2645) keine Mapshare Updates bekam, solange die Karte im Navi hatte. Nach der "Umbettung" in den Kartenleser hat TT HOME die Karte einwandfrei erkannt und Mapshare Updates aufgespielt. Eine Erkärung dafür habe ich allerdings nicht.

Only as a suggestion, and if you have a model with a memory card: take the memory card out of the TT, put it in a card reader (of course connected to the computer), and start TomTom HOME. This helped me when I received no Mapshare updates as long as the card was in the TT (Navigon 8562, WCE 2GB 845.2645). After the card was "transferred" to the card reader, TT HOME recognized it correctly and added the Mapshare updates. However, I have no explanation for why this worked.

P.S. Mechanical translation polished - sorry for the lapse, I sometimes forget which language I'm writing.
    Last edited by kewlo; 24th July 2010 at 06:46. Reason: Sorry - my mistake.

klazpt is offline Sergeant First Class
    Thanks

Im having the same problem. Ive got tomtom xl iq routes and downloaded and installed new iberia 860.3101 so when i go to tomtom home it says mapshare is 20 weeks old and the mapshare service is unnavaiable... weird thing i guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast