GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TT 920 and Advanced Lane Guidance

fr0do007 is offline Private
    Thanks

TT 920 and Advanced Lane Guidance

I own a TT 920 but have recently hired a car and a TT one Sat Nav. The hired sat nav gives me a lot better visual indication when it comes to lanes on Motorways than my own TT 920 does, for example on a motorway instead of just saying keep right ahead the TT one gives an indication of which lanes are appropriate for where I'm going i.e. it shows lanes 3, 4 and 5 are where I need to be and Lanes 1 and 2 are not. This makes things a lot easier as keep right on a 4/5 lane motorway can be confusing - and stressful if you are in lane 1 when the instruction is given. From reading other posts on this forum I'm gussing this feature is called advanced land guidance (ALG).

It's been a while since I've updated the map on my TT 920, I'm currently running on Western_and_central_europe_2GB_835_2421 and nav core 8.351 (never been updated from version that came pre loaded with device).

Is it possible to get this feature on my TT920 and if so is updating my map enough or does my navcore need updating? If the navcore does need updating what version is best for my device?

Thanks
    Frodo

terrytpot is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: TT 920 and Advanced Lane Guidance

Your current navcore is fine,the reason you don't have ALG at the moment is purely down to having a "lower" grade of map (the 835 map with ALG is 835.2419)

doshow is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Just update your map(s), I have the 920 also and it depicts the lanes as you described. My maps are from the 850.XXXX series. Study the map chart for features e.g. ALG before updating...not all maps offer this.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply guys.

What maps can I run with navcore 8.351? Can I run 8.50 maps with this navcore? I looked on the maps forum for 8.35 maps but could not find any. What is the difference between 8.50 maps and 8.35 is 8.50 more up to date?

Regards

Thanks

Ok, posted my last reply to this thread and then found the map vs navcore table. So from my reading of the table the version of the map to work with navcore 8.3x while having computer speech and ALG working is 850.2800.

What does the version numbers mean i.e. is 850.2817 a more up to date map than 850.2800?

Regards

terrytpot is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

The "850" refers to how recent the maps were released and these are the newest ones..prior to 850 we had 845,840,835 etc and new sets are usually released every 4 months or so..
    The second part of the number (eg: 2781 2800 2817 etc) indicates what feature set the map has (Cspeech/IQ/ALG/ASR/HNR) and which type of tomtom it's designed for.

Thanks

Thanks for the info Terrypot.

So I've downloaded the 850.2800 maps to find they don't fit on my tom tom - I did not see that coming. I could get them on if I remove my North America map but don't want to do that either as I visit the US often. I thought I would check the size of the Western_and_central_europe map for 845.xxxx but there does not seem to be a Western_and_central_europe in the 845 series. Can anyone point me towards the location of the 835.xxxx maps?

Also thought of putting the map on my SD card but seem to remember tomtom with the standard navcore (8.351) can only recognise up to 2GB of space on SD cards and as the 850.2800 Western_and_central_europe map is 2.2GB that is not an option either. Have been trying to avoid upgrading the navcore. My SD card is only 2GB, does the TT920 with navcore 8.351 deffo not recognise more than 2GB?

Does anyone know if the 835 maps are still online or have an alternative solution to my problem.

Regards

Thanks

After a little more digging it looks like the TomTom can only take up to 2GB SD card but can take up to 4GB SDHC card so getting one of those should solve the problem.

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

8351 came with Bootloader 5.5120 which can see SDHC cards of 16 GB or even more.
    Also you might try the 845.2645_2GB_ version of Western Europe and/or US which still float around in newsgroups. Also if you do not use spoken address input you can delete the \ASR folder and replace all Cspeech**.dat files in both map folders with dummies, i.e. zero-length files made with notepad.exe. That way both maps might fit on 4GB.