GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: renamin voice files

bigfella is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

renamin voice files

hi i tried to put the cp3o voice onmy tomtom but i have already voice files with the same name ie data 89, data 89.chk etc tried to copy and rename data 89(3) but while tt home says the voice is on the device it is not showin when i go to the menu ....can anyone help much appreciated

xmassacrex is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: renamin voice files

hey bigfella have you patched the the c3p0 voice?

Thanks

yup patched it got the dct file .... dct file stayed the same eg data 89 dct while other two changed to data 89 (3) cos i have another voice named 89(2) as well ... lol .so tried renamin dct file dct(3) but ttt wouldnt accept it.... got around it by renamin orginal 89 voice to 33 ... then tt acceped cp3o voice files as 89,, eg data 89 vif 89 dct 89 but would be interested to kno if there was a diferent way of doin it

xmassacrex is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

glad to hear you have sorted it... Im more than positive ive read on here that you cannot have two voices with the same name on the device.. (bit stupid on tomtoms side really)

Thanks

yup it happened a cple of times now ...im ve just lost the sexy selina voice when i put the dora the explorer voice on cos they are both data 95,vif95 etc...bit of a pain really ...thought i cud get round it by renamin selina one dat95(2) but wouldnt work!! tried changed selina one form data 95 to something completely different to data 12,, vif 12 etc but even that didnt work ....was wonderin if anyone had a solution ???

Thanks

Hi Bigfella - as well as renaming the 3 voice files (that do not need a dct file) you must edit the VIF voice file (via notepad) to reflect your changed name. This is what I have done and it works. Hope this makes sense.

Note: try to use higher numbers numbers (70+) or your voice files will have other language flags attached to them (or at least mine did!!).

Thanks

thank you , got it to work...nice one ...reps to yer

rolandas is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Regarding voices. there are 3 files for each voice (+ 1 more if its premium/for money voice). dataXX.bmp, dataXX.chk and dataXX.vif. you can play around by changing the XX number to which ever is not used yet. please note only 2 if them are important (2 ones mentioned except .bmp file as it only add picture to the voice) IMPORTANT bit:
    you have to edit .vif file with a notepad. And you will find a few lines there.

Line1 is just for you to know what it is and I guess does not affect anything. but am not sure so better do not touch this line...
    Line2 is the name of dataXX.chk this file describes. So put same number there as are your all data.xxx files for this voice.
    Line3 content will be shown in your tomtom as the name of this voice. Input "blabla (UK Yards)" and this is what you will see in your tomtom's voice menu.
    There are should be extra 4 lines further describing the voice. And If there is not. Then I recommend better adding them your self:
    Line4 describes gender/age of the voice. There must be 0 for young voice, 1 for adult female, 2 for adult male.
    Line5 describes the language of the voice. it is 0 for English, 2 for US English, 110 for UK English and rest codes can be found on the site mentioned bellow.
    Line6 describes the flag that will be added to the voice. for UK it is 110 for UK, 114 for US flag. I will leave a link bellow so you can find codes for other languages.
    Line7 is basically version of the language. so I would suggest to leave it like it is and if there is not just add 1.

Here is how .vif content of voice data11.chk should look. Lets say voice belongs to John Doe and he is French speaking Canadian adult male. after "-" I will explain the line.

sc english Jogh Doe --- Just put what ever or DO NOT TOUCH is it is already there
    data11.chk --- Do not forget to change "11" to what is your data files for this voice
    John Doe (meters) --- Put there what you want your tomtom to show for this voice. Basically it it the name of the voice that will come up in your tomtom
    2 --- number 2 lets your tomtom understand that it is male adult voice
    101 --- this is language code. Your tomtom will list this voice and label accordingly to the code 101. which is for "French (Canada)".
    211 --- this is flag code. Your tomtom will list this voice and label accordingly to the code 211. which is for Canadian flag.
    1 --- this line just shows chich version of the voice is that you have. if there is none. then just put 1.

Hope you answered some questions here. It used to be a headache to me. as you add some voices found somewhere and they are not labelled or name properly in tomtom. After learning this. I managed to sort out my voice catalogue

Further info or language and flag codes you can find at: www (dot ) ghostwheel (dot) de (forward slash) viftool (forward slash) . Please put symbols instead of words.

P.S. please bear in mind you will not find Language code there for UK voice. It is 110 and for some reason on that site this number is referred as Bulgarian language. Which is not true...

Good Luck...

rolandas is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Sorry for mistake. 110 language code is actually Bulgarian ... Please leave 0 for UK English...

Thanks

thank you have added reps to u too cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast