GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install TTS Vocalizer on TT 3rd edition ??

dragerboat is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Unhappy Install TTS Vocalizer on TT 3rd edition ??

I have downloaded the Vocalizer TTS file and copied it to the root folder (G:\ in my case). I don`t know if i`m supposed to do something else as well cause I cant find samantha or tom computer voices on the gps even after I restarted my TT. Now i know its on the unit because when i go to manage my computer in TT Home i noticed that there is almost 50mb less.

Thanks Fellas

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dragerboat For This Useful Post:

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: Install TTS Vocalizer on TT 3rd edition ??

You need to run the SE Navcore, for exemple SE 8.412, 8.417 or 8.562 for TTS to work, since your original navcore cannot handle TTS voices.
    Once installed the SE navcore, open setconfig.txt and remove the switch tts off if it is there. All is explained in the readmenot.txt inside the SE Navcore.
    Also do not install more than one Vocalizer voice at the time, since it has been known to malfunction if two Vocalizer voices are installed.

aussiemike is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

setconfig.txt ?
    Sorry to appear a dumbo but where does the setconfig.txt live. I have an old OneXL v2 with a SD card slot. It will run navcore 9 and the 8.50 maps fine straight off the SD card. The only problem is I am stuck with the analogue voices and haven't mastered getting digital voices yet? I have downloaded navcore SE 8.562 and put it on a 2GB SD card with Western_Europe_850.2782. I have added TTS Vocalizer as in dragerboat's post above but I cant find the setconfig.txt file referred to by heijx on my card. Can you tell me where I can find it?

Megalos is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

If you can not find it, you can make it yourself. Create a folder named Config in the root of your SD card. In that folder, create a text file named setconfig.txt. In the text file, put this for example:

Code:
    model:x40
    changedtext:TomTom ONE
    usesetting
    runclean
    bton
    delgns
    noqfixdel
    For some instructions on how to install the Vocalizer voices, see here:
    Last edited by Megalos; 25th July 2010 at 08:27.

Thanks

Many thanks Megalos. I will give it a try and let you know if I have success. Thanks again, Mike.

Thanks

Again many thanks Megalos. As I said I have a pretty ancient TT One XL with the SD Slot. Success, I now have your computer lady reading out the street names for me. It turned out I didn't need your suggested "setconfig.txt" file after all but thanks. I downloaded Navcore SE 9.101 and as instructed dropped both the base and the system files into the root of my bog standard 2GB Kingston SD card.
    I added the latest UK and ROI 850.2781 map plus your Vocalizer TTS file into the base of the card. Bingo, I now have the sexy Serena talking to me. I have just added the standard "zip" folder so I now have full 7 digit postcodes and I am ready to rumble.
    The text speech is, as expected, not as clear as the analogue voices but will be useful in keeping my eyes off the screen when driving. Using it in demo mode I do get the slightest hesitation in her voice when the motorway lane guidance screen pops up but it was the same on a brand new XL I tried out in Currys.
    Thanks for all your hard work, your a star. My old XL lives to fight another day.

Thanks

Can any of you experts just answer me another question. I have just picked up a cheap TomTom XL IQ Routes (1) with navcore 8.414 and Western and Central Europe 2GB v835.2419. Does any one know if this map has the capacity for using digital voices. Is the standarad voice digitizer on the TomTom XL routes Version 2 a chip or is it software generated in the navcore. I know how to get around the problem using the above but I am just interested in how the voices are generated.

Megalos is offline First Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemike View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work, your a star. My old XL lives to fight another day.
    You're most welcome !

Can any of you experts just answer me another question. I have just picked up a cheap TomTom XL IQ Routes (1) with navcore 8.414 and Western and Central Europe 2GB v835.2419. Does any one know if this map has the capacity for using digital voices. Is the standarad voice digitizer on the TomTom XL routes Version 2 a chip or is it software generated in the navcore. I know how to get around the problem using the above but I am just interested in how the voices are generated.
    The map has nothing to do with the text-to-speech feature. So in principle, text-to-speech is compatible with every map. The TT XL IQ Routes 2 uses the NavCore to generate the computer voices. As the TT XL IQ Routes 1 has exactly the same hardware as the 2nd edition, Vocalizer should not be a problem for the XL IQR 1. However, since the IQR (1 and 2) both have 64 MB RAM, I guess LoqendoTTS is a better option for text-to-speech.
    Last edited by Megalos; 10th September 2010 at 14:49.

Thanks

Thanks Megalos. You are a mine of knowledge as usual.

Thanks

I forgot to say I found a table (link attached) on another forum that listed the feature of TT maps and I have read that some versions have two different size copies, with and without certain features like tts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast