GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: anyone else using latest truck map?

akacheesy is offline Corporal
    Thanks

anyone else using latest truck map?

Just installed truck map 845.2649 but so far I'm not impressed. I plotted a journey I know to have a 7.5 tonne weight limit, setting profile to truck of 18 tonne. On the old map it would plot a route avoiding it yet this one sends me down the 7.5 tonne road. Not good!!

Anyone else had this issue?

I've also noticed under route planning preferences, it doesn't give you the option to select truck IQ routes, just IQ routes. Something tells me I may have it installed incorrectly??
    Last edited by akacheesy; 17th July 2010 at 14:31.

corne64 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: anyone else using latest truck map?

Did you enerate two dct file,s? meta.dct and tmeta.dct?

muuu is offline Private
    Thanks

Hi, I'm having the same problem as akacheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by corne64 View Post
    Did you enerate two dct file,s? meta.dct and tmeta.dct?
    I got both the meta.dct and the tmeta.dct, in place along side the .meta and .tmeta.
    And I get no errors about truck routing disabled(Or not available in the map).

When I try to plan a route that normally wold bring me under a bridge thats lower then the truck(Bridge 3.7m and the truck 4.0m).
    The GPS is supposed to make a proper route around the bridge instead.

I've checked the map info by using the "Map corrections" function, and the info for that bridge is correct(3.7m).
    The vehicle info is also correct, and I've tried all settings I could think of.
    So I have no idea why it wants to go that way.

But akacheesy what map did work for you?

I'm running Europe_TRUCK_845_2649 and Navcore 8.396.
    I used the guide here: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...4941#post24941

muuu is offline Private
    Thanks

I've just tried it on navcore 8.395 and it's the same.

rymacg is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I'm running 8.395 and 845.2649 Map and have had no problem so far. As long as the street has a restriction ie Height or Weight and the dimensions of the truck exceed it then the route planner will avoid the restriction but if the restriction is not there and I add it as a Map Correction then it will avoid it. Any chance of letting me know the street in question with the limit on so that I can try it myself because I'm always trying to catch them out. I know that not all the different limits are included on these Maps but the more of us that make these Map corrections and send them to TomTom the sooner they will all be included on later Maps. rymacg

muuu is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rymacg View Post
    I'm running 8.395 and 845.2649 Map and have had no problem so far. As long as the street has a restriction ie Height or Weight and the dimensions of the truck exceed it then the route planner will avoid the restriction but if the restriction is not there and I add it as a Map Correction then it will avoid it. Any chance of letting me know the street in question with the limit on so that I can try it myself because I'm always trying to catch them out. I know that not all the different limits are included on these Maps but the more of us that make these Map corrections and send them to TomTom the sooner they will all be included on later Maps. rymacg
    I made a quick google map route where point B is the road with the bridge.
    maps.google.dk

And heres the coordinates(From google) 56.152399,10.208707 and 56.148312,10.208964.

hitman73 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I am using navcore 8.396 with map 845.2649 im using a 4gb card in my tomtom one v1 I have had no problems with the truck routing and you can also use the IQ setup with this navcore.
    As with the navcores some you gain stuff and some you lose. Its one of those suck it and see things.
    Last edited by hitman73; 27th September 2010 at 17:11.