GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: noob here, new nav, no voices

Thanks

noob here, new nav, no voices

I have a tomtom start 1GB, put on nav 9.026se, us and canada map 825.2159 and used easy activator - thanks

All works (the map seems a little old) except the voices. There is a startup chime so the sound is on, and I leave it plugged in so the battery is not an issue. I have tried different voice files, no luck yet.

been searching all the posts for this problem and have not seen it yet - any help?

Thanks in advance, and you all rock for this site!

bigfella is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: noob here, new nav, no voices

are u sure sound is on ..sorry if this sounds obvious ...goto tt menu...goto change preferences...turn sound on ....have u looked in the root of device and seen the voices folder?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    are u sure sound is on ..sorry if this sounds obvious ...goto tt menu...goto change preferences...turn sound on ....have u looked in the root of device and seen the voices folder?
    Sound on, voice folder there, lots of voice files, it even lets me pick through them and select one, just no sound. It is as if the sound is off, evven when I test the sound, nothing. I was getting a startup sound, but that seems to have gone. some of the windows seem off on the sizing as well, but that may be unrelated

should I try a different nav and map? With the 1 gb mem, I am limited, any idea of the newest map under 1gb us and canada?

bigfella is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

why dont try n copy n paste voices folder from ur back up and replace wats on present navicore first...see if that s works

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    why dont try n copy n paste voices folder from ur back up and replace wats on present navicore first...see if that s works
    so that doiesn't seem to work either. But, I wanted a new map anyway, and finally read the chart at the bottom and found a 1gb us map 850.2783, but was not sure about the nav that came with the start - 9.053. So I tried it anyway, and it works great, voices and all. some of the voices don't work, and I figured maybe I would patch them? Anyway, thanks for the advice, got it all working in the end. I do need a bigger memory though, any suggestions, tomtom or garmin, and which model?