Thanks

TomTom GO 920 - Changed battery and now Bluetooth won't work

DeviceName=TomTom GO 920
    Serial Number= M8****B*****
    ApplicationVersionNumber= 8300
    BootLoaderVersion=10012
    North_America 710.1576
    Western_and_Central_Europe 710.1576

I changed the battery for the above TT using the battery replacement directions found on this forum (thanks ChillyCat!). ChillyCat was right, there was some “seriously aggressive adhesive” holding down the battery. I used the plastic tool that came with the tool kit to pry it off as gently as I could, but it ended up being pretty well bent by the time it came free. I installed the new battery and reassembled the TT. The TT started up fine but since then Bluetooth won’t work. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app using TT Home and tried various menu settings. I’m guessing I probably damaged something when I changed the battery. Anyone have an idea that isn’t hardware related? I haven’t changed anything on the TT since it came out of the box, other than to download the MapShare updates and GPS fixes. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

terrytpot is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: TomTom GO 920 - Changed battery and now Bluetooth won't work

8300 is quite an old application to be using when the current one that TTHome should be offering you is 8351... As each update offers , or is supposed to offer, minor improvements, I'd suggest updating to start off with (I appreciate that it probably worked before but there's nothing to lose in trying) and perhaps getting some new maps to replace the antiques you're using
    In all likelihood it is a hardware failure but short of peering at the board with a microscope and knowing exactly what to look for the chances of finding it are fairly remote (unless you happened to snap a big ole chunk of the board off or left a cable unplugged) so even dabbling with applications that aren't designed for your 920 probably wont achieve anything.. If you ever try swapping a battery again you might want to try and soften the adhesive first by heating it up with something like a hair drier..

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: TomTom GO 920 - Changed battery and now Bluetooth won't work

I'd go with the unplugged cable theory.

Silverhawk is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Red face Re: TomTom GO 920 - Changed battery and now Bluetooth won't work

Quote Originally Posted by terrytpot View Post
    8300 is quite an old application to be using when the current one that TTHome should be offering you is 8351... As each update offers , or is supposed to offer, minor improvements, I'd suggest updating to start off with (I appreciate that it probably worked before but there's nothing to lose in trying) and perhaps getting some new maps to replace the antiques you're using
    In all likelihood it is a hardware failure but short of peering at the board with a microscope and knowing exactly what to look for the chances of finding it are fairly remote (unless you happened to snap a big ole chunk of the board off or left a cable unplugged) so even dabbling with applications that aren't designed for your 920 probably wont achieve anything.. If you ever try swapping a battery again you might want to try and soften the adhesive first by heating it up with something like a hair drier..
    Even before I changed the battery I'd tried several times to upgrade to 8351 using TT Home, but the TT wouldn't start with this app installed. Reverting back to 8300 fixed the problem. The guy on the TT support line couldn't figure it out either. Apparently I wasn't the first 920 owner to have this issue. Any suggestions Oh Wise One?

Those maps aren't "antiques"; they're "vintage".