GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: What's latest stable navcore for tomtom one 4N00.005?

samott is offline Private
    Thanks

What's latest stable navcore for tomtom one 4N00.005?

Hi I'm the newbie here and for TT. Any gurus here can recommend the navcore and map for this device? and which TTS should I use? Thanks.

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: What's latest stable navcore for tomtom one 4N00.005?

Latest stable is the original 7.903 for the One 2nd edition.
    For TTS you need an SE Navcore since your TT One never has had TTS functionality.
    I'd stick with 8.412/8.417 SE or 8.560/8.562 SE since version 9 navcores are a bit over the top. Read the Readmenot.txt file in the navcore archive to configure the switch files.
    VocalizerTTS is the way to go, since it is lighter than Loquendo and does not require patching. There is a Vocalizer topic in the voices subforum by Megalos which explains it all.
    Which map depends on the storage space, really. There is only one map version which can not be read by the above navcores. Check the maps subforum, 850 map compatibility matrix. An 850.2781 or 850.2800 has the most functionality but is also the biggest.

samott is offline Private
    Thanks

Thank you for your detailed information.

Quote Originally Posted by heijx View Post
    Latest stable is the original 7.903 for the One 2nd edition.
    For TTS you need an SE Navcore since your TT One never has had TTS functionality.
    I'd stick with 8.412/8.417 SE or 8.560/8.562 SE since version 9 navcores are a bit over the top. Read the Readmenot.txt file in the navcore archive to configure the switch files.
    VocalizerTTS is the way to go, since it is lighter than Loquendo and does not require patching. There is a Vocalizer topic in the voices subforum by Megalos which explains it all.
    Which map depends on the storage space, really. There is only one map version which can not be read by the above navcores. Check the maps subforum, 850 map compatibility matrix. An 850.2781 or 850.2800 has the most functionality but is also the biggest.

Thanks

Ive got 8.417se navcore with UK and ROI 850.2821 running on mt TT one v2, it runs in save ram mode when started up and have lost bluetooth functionality but this is worth it cos I now have IQ routes and ALG working on it
    Last edited by stonespig; 25th July 2010 at 21:41.