GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TomTom Speed Cameras

nr7489 is offline Private
    Thanks

Question TomTom Speed Cameras

Hello

Does TomTom Speed Cameras (£19.95 p/y) only detect fixed speed cameras or does it detect both fixed and mobile? If it is only fixed, do you need LIVE Services (£47.50 p/y) in order to detect both?

Cheers

johntee is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: TomTom Speed Cameras

Hello nr7489,

I'm new to GPS myself and don't know much about Tom Tom Cameras database, however, have you considered "PocketGPSWorld" speed cameras database which you can normally find for free with a Google search.... maybe as a torrent file?

I don't know which model TT you have or country you're in, but if you can find the "PocketGPSWorld" data UK, all you do is install all the "ov2" & "bmp" files into your "MAP" folder ( for example into:- "Great_Britain-Map" ) on your Tom Tom devices root folder. I'm sure someone more experienced member will correct me if I'm wrong on this issue.

Hope this helps you sort things out.

Kindest regards,

John

johntee is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Hello again,

A quick PS to the above post........ my "PocketGPSWorld" speed camera data was bought and paid for by me.

It is quite old but I edit and add my own cameras etc as and when I find them. I use software called: "dumpov2_v1-2.exe" & "makeov2_v1-1.exe" & "WinOV2.exe". They were made available by Tom Tom years back, they may still be about.

My camera datbase is not the most up to date for sure, but it's kept me out of trouble so far.

Best wishes,

John

727oa is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nr7489 View Post
    Hello

Does TomTom Speed Cameras (£19.95 p/y) only detect fixed speed cameras or does it detect both fixed and mobile? If it is only fixed, do you need LIVE Services (£47.50 p/y) in order to detect both?

Cheers
    Speed Cameras are only fixed. In order to get mobile, red light, average speed etc. you need Live Services. But check this:

and this:
    Safety Cams are fixed only, Premium are fixed and mobile.

Cheers

nr7489 is offline Private
    Thanks

Thanks for the help and advice guys! I have UK Premium cams on my GO 550 LIVE so I don't need to worry about mobile speed cameras! I tried to put Safety cams on too but I now realise you can only have one and its better to have Premium as it 'kills 2 birds with 1 stone' so to speak!