GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Am I missing a simple mistake? Trying to update NAVCORE and MAP

itzfry is offline Private
    Thanks

Am I missing a simple mistake? Trying to update NAVCORE and MAP

Hello -

Its been awhile since I have updated my TomTom. I recall a similar issue a year ago when I tried to update the Navcore and Map to get the new Lane Guidance feature. My TomTom never allowed computer voices afterwards and I thought it was a good time to try another update. I have a TOMTOM ONE XL-S

Here is what I did...
    * Formatted TomTom drive (using SD Chip/2GB)
    * Downloaded North_America_2GB_850_2781
    * Extracted to USA_and_Canada folder on TomTom
    * Extracted contents from 9.053.xl2009_live_tts.CAB-navcore-XL_LIVE
    [link took me to download.tomtom.com....]
    * Ran Albert's Easy Activator
    * Generated key for Map using v8 (stated successful and DCT found in folder)
    * Patched TTSystem (said it was successful)

When I reboot device, the TomTom starts but the icons appear to be missing. For example, the shortcut arrow shows a little square instead of arrow and when I tap the screen for the menu, all the icons are missing. Aside from the missing icons, the stability of the system seems bad. Trying to navigate the menus, the TomTom flakes..

Any suggestions?

itzfry is offline Private
    Thanks

Re: Am I missing a simple mistake? Trying to update NAVCORE and MAP

OK - I got a working unit now. However, I had to use an SE version of the release. When I used the SE release, it came w/ both a basic pack and then the system files. Whats different between using the full version and patching the TTsystem versus using the Basic Pack and then adding the already patched TT system. After reading the above, my first thought is that the basic pack contained all the graphics, etc?? Help!