GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: How do I auto-swith to night view?

Jadog is offline Corporal
    Thanks

How do I auto-swith to night view?

I have the GO730 and I've used every navcore version between 9.004 and 9.201 and I've had no luck getting it to switch to night view automatically. Does anybody know if it daylight sensor built in and will automatically switch between "night view" and "day view" depending on the ambient light, or if it's just by the clock?
    Last edited by Jadog; 4th August 2010 at 11:42.

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: How do I auto-swith to night view?

The Go models use a sensor. On the x40 it is located on the right side of the screen, just under the microphone opening.
    Auto day/night switching works under proprietary x40 navcore only, which is 8.351, 8.371 or since last week 9.054. You can obtain it by removing the navcore files and backing up the map and connecting the empty tomtom to TTHome. It should give you 9.054 in one or two updating steps. If you run a downloaded map, you need to repatch the navcore.

Craigmill is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

I had a similar problem on my One XL v1 and really did not want to change my navcore.

After a lot of searching I found the perfect plugin called Daylight v2.x at http://gps.dg4sfw.de/index.php/menuid=34

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heijx View Post
    The Go models use a sensor. On the x40 it is located on the right side of the screen, just under the microphone opening.
    Auto day/night switching works under proprietary x40 navcore only, which is 8.351, 8.371 or since last week 9.054. You can obtain it by removing the navcore files and backing up the map and connecting the empty tomtom to TTHome. It should give you 9.054 in one or two updating steps. If you run a downloaded map, you need to repatch the navcore.
    How is the official 9.054 version different than the patched 9.054 version by TTuser?
    Last edited by Jadog; 2nd August 2010 at 19:14.

Thanks

As far as I know, the only difference is that a TTUser-patched version can use downloaded maps. All other functionality is identical.

Thanks

Interesting. I thought there was something extra with his version. I can patch the navcore as well, so I'll probably just do that...

Thanks

Per your advice, I backed up my GO730 and removed everything. Then when I connected it to TomTom Home, it asked me to download an update. However, it only updated to version 8.351. How do I get it to update to 9.054?

Thanks

In your first post you state you have a Go 740. There is an update 9.054 for the Go x40 series. If you have an x30 tomtom, you''ll have to resort to SE versions, since the last official version for the x30 indeed is 8.351. This version supports day/night, ALG, IQroutes out of the box.

Thanks

You are indeed correct. I did say 740. I just edited it. Well that would explain it then. Well, I guess I'll give up on it for now... until they decide to update the official navcore to version 9. Thanks for the help!