GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TomTom one xl stuck

syncro is offline Private
    Thanks

TomTom one xl stuck

Hi, I've been lurking over the weekend trying to find out how to fix my one xl.

Can anyone please advise me in simple terms what to do ? It has got stuck in its boot up cycle and goes to the setup page every time I turn it on, when I make my preferences it says "error saving files" and goes round in a circle again.

Can I simply download a new navcore or is it more of an OS problem do you think. I have read as much as I can but I'm still a bit confused. I'm not wanting anything fancy from it, ust working UK maps would be great.

Thanks for all the time and effort put in here
    Cheers all
    Andi

Speed111 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: TomTom one xl stuck

Most likelly your files got corrupted.

First, I would suggest to connect your TomTom to you PC and copy everything from it to somewhere safe. Then delete eveything. Let tomtom home download and update the software to the newest possible.

Then once you have a working tomtom, you can download and crack a new map or simply use your old one. But then what would be the point of using old maps

Thanks

Cheers for the quick replies

I've tried reformatting the card and resetting it with TomTom Home and this works up to a point, but it won't now led me reload my backed up maps folder, just says "maps not found" and when I try to write onto my SD card it says I can't anymore... Do I need to Unlock something? i have my original SD card backed up with my maps but I can't put them back on the TT.

Speed111 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Use alberts easy activator to activate your maps and to crack your navcore at the same time. You should be good to go.

Thanks

I thought that looked the likely option, thanks for the tip, I'll get on with it now.
    Thanks again for speedy response

Thanks

All sorted now, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. Albert's file worked a treat.