GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TomTom XL 330 experiance?

Thanks

TomTom XL 330 experiance?

Anyone have any experiance with this model with regard to updating maps/navcore

XL 330
    Currently running
    navcore 8.01
    N.America/Canada 715.1712
    i'd like to update maps/navcore to play around but any updates i've tried create speed/locking up issues

Anyone with experiance with what actually works with this unit is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by LooseCannon; 3rd August 2010 at 03:49.

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Re: TomTom XL 330 experiance?

It greatly depends on the hardware and what bootloader it runs. If it does not have an SD card slot or if it has bootloader 1.****, I would not touch it with a ten feet pole.
    If it has an SD card slot and bootloader 4.**** or 5.****, it definitely has possibilities.
    Having said that, I would pick a GO model any time. It has 400 MHz and 64 MB compared to 266 MHz and 32 MB of the ONE and XL models plus it can use internal and SD memory at the same time.

Thanks

Everythin with this model is intenal ,with no option for an external sd card.
    Ok,so updating the navcore is not really an option......so i'm left with maps , am i going to have issues updating just the maps?

heijx is offline Second Lieutenant
    Thanks

Eventually, yes. The fixed memory in an XL is limited to 1 or 2 GB and maps are growing all the time. Right now the Europe map comes with an option to load different parts into memory because it is over 2 GB in size. Goes without saying that this feature only works with original maps.