Thread: tomtom xl ttgo.bif file missing

Cpu2007 is offline Private
    Thanks

tomtom xl ttgo.bif file missing

I have tried everything but this file is missing and the navigator is not working
    after booting up using different navores and patching nothing happens
    the navigator is not creating a ttgo.bif file
    what should i do and what can be the problem?

Thanks

Re: tomtom xl ttgo.bif file missing

can you explain that better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuriyggg View Post
    Best of all, connect the unit to Home and click on upgrade my ....
    Download the latest official software. Patch it and use
    I have tried that but it does not work.
    I have deleted all the files excepts the folders and then using tomtom home 2 I have installed the application.
    Once I dont this, I restarted tomtom and patched the ttsystem file with ydgpatch but it comes with an errro saying that the name is invalid or the file is already patched where ofcourse is not as i have installed an original application usiing tomtom home.
    it does not even work with patched navores. IT DOES NOT CREATE A TOMOMGO.BIF FILE IN EITHER WAY!
    still red cross flashing with tomtom on the top left and harddisk on the bottom left.
    what can be the problem?

bud
    bud is offline Corporal
    Thanks

have tryed formating it? if not.. format it then right click on your tomtom drive in windows, click properties then tools and run error checking, if every thing is ok try installing your navcore again using tomtom home. you might have bad memory

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bud View Post
    have tryed formating it? if not.. format it then right click on your tomtom drive in windows, click properties then tools and run error checking, if every thing is ok try installing your navcore again using tomtom home. you might have bad memory
    thank you very much for your answer.
    I tried the error checking and no error was found.
    I don't know what to say, ive searched alot and it seems that this problem is software related,however I tried to installe the navcore several times(also by following tomtom guides and other websites guides) but no succes.
    it does recognise everything but the red cross is always there the ttgo.bif is never created too.

bud
    bud is offline Corporal
    Thanks

it usually is software, had this problem myself in the past on my XL but a full format sorted it for me, from what I read at the time it can also be bad memory (even if it shows ok when scanned)..have you tryed a reset, on new XLs hold the on botton for 10 seconds and the older XL the reset buttom is a small hole on the botton poke a pin in.
    Last edited by bud; 6th August 2010 at 01:47.

Thanks

yeah it looks like a hardware problem to me too,what is the solution for the bad memory?
    i have an xl 330 which I think is used to reset by pressing the on/off button for 15secs till it restarts and I have tried that ,I havent seen and small hole on it.

bud
    bud is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I think it could also be a bootloader problem as am sure its the bootlader that writes the ttgo.bif, you might be able to do a upgrade but thats far as I can go, am sure someone on here who knows alot more than me will be able to help you..hope you can get it sorted

Thanks

thank you for the answer ,yeah by searching around I have noticed some comments about the bootloader and I had the same opinion given that I think the problem is with the sat nav not creating the ttgo.bif file which is required to run the navigator.
    I don't know if there is a tool or way to upgrade the bootloader ,hope someone knows it.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 25th August 2011, 22:05