GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TomTom One help with SD card Slot

Thanks

TomTom One help with SD card Slot

I have a Tom-Tom One with SD card slot but when I put a SD card in the slat my Tom-Tom one does not start up, it shows Tom-Tom screen with cross on SD card. I tried different company SD cards but not luck.

App:7.903(9183/040301) OS:1000
    32 MB RAM (Free 32 MB)
    GPS: V1.21, Boot 1.0012
    Map: 'USA_and_Canada' V850.2783

Please help me!!!

adamwest is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: TomTom One help with SD card Slot

try formatting the card, put it back in and then plug it into tomtom home and let it download the latest navcore, patch it, put a map on it etc.. and everything should hopefully be fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamwest View Post
    try formatting the card, put it back in and then plug it into tomtom home and let it download the latest navcore, patch it, put a map on it etc.. and everything should hopefully be fine
    Hi
    I'm a newbie having the same problem....which is the latest navcore version that I should use?
    Thanks
    BrianD

Thanks

I formatted the SD card to fat 32 on my laptop and then put back into the device and then connected, its shows a drive letter when I click on it, it says insert the disk. can you please let me know if have done anything wrong or any other suggestions.

Thanks

I really need help!
    I've tried Easy tools and Fast Activator to enable North America 2G 850.2781 maps on a 2G SD card in a TomTom One.
    I have tried Navcore 7.903, 8.010, 8.350 and can't find a combination that works.
    All I get are error messages saying "too many favourites" or "GPS signal lost"
    I've really tried searching the forum to help myself......
    but can anyone please tell me which map and navcore I should be using?

Thanks
    BrianD
    Last edited by Bdan; 4th August 2010 at 21:02.

xmassacrex is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

abcd_efg when you have formatted your card, try either of the following,
    Put the card back into the tomtom, connect your device to your pc, run Tomtom Home Software : either let it install the firmware (if prompted) or click the 'Update My Device' button, to which a navcore will be available for download.
    If this fails try copying your map over to the SD card then connect to tomtom home.

Bdan, firstly what tomtom do you have? what navcore is/was it running?
    Have you fully activated everything, e.g. map dct file, patched tomtom system file, patched tomtom home dll files?
    With the error "too many favourites" this could either be a problem with your mapsettings.cfg file with different navcores, so you could try removing it from your deice tos see if that helps, but otherwise it is generally that you have reached the limit of favourites to save. To which i would suggest saving them as a poi instead.
    Alternatively try ressetting your tomtom via the reset button on the bottom of the device with a pin/paperclip.
    Last but not least, backup relevant data, format card/device, connect to tomtom home, click update my device, to which you should be prompted with a navcore.

Thanks

thanks for the information. Now I am able see my SD card.