GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent help PLEASE.Tomtom one stuck on splash screen

shaz is offline Private
    Thanks

Urgent help PLEASE.Tomtom one stuck on splash screen

Please I need urgent help, my tomtom one v4 is stuck on the “splash screen” (black background with white TomTom text and 2 red hands on the right hand side)
    When I turn on my device I have to hold the on/off button for about 6-7 seconds then a “hard drive” icon appears on the bottom left with a yellow “loading bar” once the load bar completes I get this “splash screen”.To turn it off from this screen I have to hold the button for a good 10 -15 seconds otherwise it wont go off

Here are my system specs:
    Tomtom one v4 (2008 model)
    Navcore (application): 8.017
    Bootloader version: 5.5026
    Maps version 830.2306

My pc is using windows xp and I have the latest version of tomtom home on it.

I’m new on the forum so please forgive me for my naivety (and the long winded post)

Basically my problems started when I downloaded a “darth vader” voice from tomtom home, after i installed it on my TOMTOM the device came up with a "select language" option, i switched the device off and ever since its been stuck on the "splash screen".

I’ve tried Tomtom customer support but they’ve been no help, they suggested the following which I tried:
    -I tried removing the Current Application from the device and then re-installing via updating via tomtom home, the Application version it came up with was version 7.522, (I originally had version 8.017 on there), after installing this application (7.522) the tomtom was meant to re-boot, but it didnt. i still got the splash screen
    -I tried a backup and restore via tomtom home—still splash screen
    -I then tried checking the internal drive for errors using windows- no errors found
    -I then tried formatting the internal drive on the device (fat32) and then updating the device via tomtom home, it loaded all of the files onto the tomtom, but after updating the Application (7.522) which tomtom home keeps suggesting, the device was meant to re-boot but it didnt- still stuck on splash screen (I’ve even tried this using a different computer)
    -I’ve tried formatting the drive and then cutting and pasting my old back-up to the device- still no luck
    -I’ve asked tomtom support for application 8.017 but they say they they don’t have access the files!
    The internal drive on the tomtom is absolutely fine as i can read and write to it no problem,
    I have noticed that Application that tomtom home keeps wanting to load onto my device is version 7.522 and its bootloader is 5.5011
    I previously had Application version 8.017 and the bootloader version 5.5026

The only backup of my device I had was from tomtom home back up (I didn’t have a copy made using windows explorer)

I have a feeling my backed up files became corrupt after downloading the darth vader voice.
    A friend has the exact same device as me (with same maps version, same application version and same bootloader version)- I copied the entire contents of his device to mine via cut and past but I still get the same splash screen.

Please can someone help me as I’m really desperate now, Don’t know what to do now, can someone please give me step by step instructions as I’m not very good with all the jargon.
    I just need to get the tomtom going as maps/voices etc is not a problem I can download them via tomtom home.

P33dro is offline General
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,863 Times in 1,239 Posts

Re: Urgent help PLEASE.Tomtom one stuck on splash screen

this one thing what can test

copy mapsettings.cfg your map directory safe place and then delete it from device, make this all maps and try boot again

and this is best bootloader for your device too
    and try this tool too
    Last edited by P33dro; 13th August 2010 at 01:26.

shaz is offline Private
    Thanks

Dear Yuriygg i do have the latest version on home 2.7.5
    -when i load 7.5 version and home has finished putting it on my tomtom the device is meant to re-boot and finish installation, but it doesnt instead the device disconnects from the computer but doesnt re-connect, so i have to soft reset it to do that. and then when i try to upgrade again it doesnt come up with any other application just maps etc.

also should this application version of 7.522 with bootloader version of 5.5011 work on my tomtom ? as i previously had application version 8.017 with bootloader ver 5.5026

shaz is offline Private
    Thanks

Dear P33dro thanks for the reply,
    so the mapsettings.cfg file from the maps folder- i need to copy it, then remove from the device and then re-boot the device?
    also the bootloader for the device you suggested is for tomtom XL (version 5.5128)- is this ok for my device which is the smaller tomtom 0ne v4- if its ok to use how to i load this onto my device?

what does the clear flash utility meant to do? i tried this and all it did was load a clear flash file on my tomtom, was i meant to dosomething after that?
    thank you

terrytpot is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaz View Post

Here are my system specs:
    Tomtom one v4 (2008 model)
    Navcore (application): 8.017
    Bootloader version: 5.5026
    Maps version 830.2306

My pc is using windows xp and I have the latest version of tomtom home on it.

-I tried a backup and restore via tomtom home—still splash screen

-I then tried formatting the internal drive on the device (fat32) and then updating the device via tomtom home, it loaded all of the files onto the tomtom, but after updating the Application (7.522) which tomtom home keeps suggesting, the device was meant to re-boot but it didnt- still stuck on splash screen (I’ve even tried this using a different computer)
    -I’ve tried formatting the drive and then cutting and pasting my old back-up to the device- still no luck
    -I’ve asked tomtom support for application 8.017 but they say they they don’t have access the files!
    The internal drive on the tomtom is absolutely fine as i can read and write to it no problem,
    I have noticed that Application that tomtom home keeps wanting to load onto my device is version 7.522 and its bootloader is 5.5011
    I previously had Application version 8.017 and the bootloader version 5.5026

I have a feeling my backed up files became corrupt after downloading the darth vader voice.
    A friend has the exact same device as me (with same maps version, same application version and same bootloader version)- I copied the entire contents of his device to mine via cut and past but I still get the same splash screen.
    The bit in RED above wont help at all as the files from his device (even if it's the same sort) are unique to him and wont work for you. I'm not too sure about that 8.017 either?? the only similar one I have is 8.016 and that's for a GO 630 (although I haven't checked for updated navcores very recently)
    I'm not too sure what's the latest bootloader (that's the file called "system") that reportedly works fine for your device but if TTHome is only offering you navcore 7.522 that has an older bootloader which wont overwrite the newer one you used.
    I suggest you..
    1) format your TT
    2) leaving the TT connected to your PC run clearflash..
    3) copy and paste your backup map copy to your device..
    4) run TTHome and update to latest navcore..
    5) keep your fingers crossed and hope it boots for you.
    If that doesn't work you may need to search for the latest confirmed bootloader for your device and start reading up on the DSA tool.
    (the above assumes you were running a legit map and not a cracked one)

shaz is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrytpot View Post
    The bit in RED above wont help at all as the files from his device (even if it's the same sort) are unique to him and wont work for you. I'm not too sure about that 8.017 either?? the only similar one I have is 8.016 and that's for a GO 630 (although I haven't checked for updated navcores very recently)
    I'm not too sure what's the latest bootloader (that's the file called "system") that reportedly works fine for your device but if TTHome is only offering you navcore 7.522 that has an older bootloader which wont overwrite the newer one you used.
    I suggest you..
    1) format your TT
    2) leaving the TT connected to your PC run clearflash..
    3) copy and paste your backup map copy to your device..
    4) run TTHome and update to latest navcore..
    5) keep your fingers crossed and hope it boots for you.
    If that doesn't work you may need to search for the latest confirmed bootloader for your device and start reading up on the DSA tool.
    (the above assumes you were running a legit map and not a cracked one)

thanks for the reply, from the above have just tried 1/ and 2/ and 3/ but tomtom keeps coming up with navcore version 7.522, then t tomtom doesnt re-boot after updating and not create a ttgo.bif file

Please can someone show me where i can find the navcore version 8.017 please?

can also someone show me where i can find the correct bootloader for my device too (i currently have bootloader version 5.5026)?

and what is a DSA tool?

I think my bootloader may be a problem here,
    can someone confirm should navcore 7.522 (an older one than i previously had) work with a bootloader ver 5.5026 (currenly on my device)??
    ps: all my software and maps were original from tomtom.
    Last edited by shaz; 13th August 2010 at 13:09.

eskro is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

#1- Format your Device to Fat32

#2- download and run TomTom Clear Flash TooL on your Device
    Code:
    http://www.tomtom.com/updates/clear_flash/clear_flash.exe
    #3- download and unpack this navcore to your device (unpack part-a first, then part-b)
    #4- place back your MAP folder from a previous backup (remove the MapSettings.cfg file is there's one inside your MAP folder)

#5- try to boot (can take up to a minute the first time,,,)
    Last edited by eskro; 13th August 2010 at 13:43.

shaz is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eskro View Post
    #1- Format your Device to Fat32

#2- download and run TomTom Clear Flash TooL on your Device
    Code:
    http://www.tomtom.com/updates/clear_flash/clear_flash.exe
    #3- download and unpack this navcore to your device (unpack part-a first, then part-b)
    #4- place back your MAP folder from a previous backup (remove the MapSettings.cfg file is there's one inside your MAP folder)

#5- try to boot (can take up to a minute the first time,,,)
    thanks for the reply,
    is this the correct navcore for the tomtom one (v8) ie the tomtom one 30 series 2008 model?- the one with the "easiport mount" small screen one
    is it an official navcore? and once i've done it will i be able to use tomtom home as per normal?
    once i extract the rar files do i just copy and paste them to my tomtom device?
    thank you really appreciate your help
    Last edited by shaz; 13th August 2010 at 16:43.

m4f1050 is offline Private
    Thanks

Funny, I just joined this great forum to find out the 1st message under TomTom is the same problem I have and with 2 of my TomTom One's! Is it so common for TomTom to break like this? I own a car rental and have thrown out many TomTom's before I decided to try to repair them, such a nice device but my goodness, why do they "break" so much???

I am downloading the files eskro posted to see if I can fix my TomTom's, they are also stuck on splash screen, I can change the splash screen to something else (LOL) but it stays stuck, I did *EVERYTHING* on TomTom's site, from formatting, to clear flash, to disk checking on Windows, EVERYTHING, and it still not booting.

shaz is offline Private
    Thanks

let me know how you get on, it wouldnt be so bad if i wasnt so dependent on my tomtom, terrible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast