GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: tomtom go 730

MR_PERFECT is offline Corporal
    Thanks

tomtom go 730

I am wondering, what is the best nav+boot to use? I have nav 9.205 and 5250 boot file system, so is this the best setup for my go 730?

I had command and control working at one time and I would like to get that back. Was it only a certain model that supported or am I missing something easy. I also cannot find the home dll to patch. Where can I download it from?

MR_PERFECT is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: tomtom go 730

I downloaded the SE Navcore 9.101.516023, and now. My screen locks up when my map screen appears.

When I use the se 9_205_cce_1 it boots up fine and I can choose between the go x20 to x50.
    Last edited by MR_PERFECT; 16th August 2010 at 17:14.

terrytpot is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuriyggg View Post
    Do not chase the latest numbers, it does not mean that it would be better
    Aint' that the truth...I never cease to be amazed by how many dudes grab the latest navcore incarnation as if it promised to be some sort of panacea to cure all ails.. the truth is that while SOME of the newer navcores (Which AREN'T designed for your particular device) may offer an extra feature or two (usually in the form of eye candy with the v9 nav's on v8 devices) quite often there's a compromise to be made in that some of the basic features you've come to take for granted no longer function as they should! To ask what's the best is going to depend on each individuals personal requirements and can vary quite considerably.. There's a lot to be said for sticking with the latest navcore designed specifically for your particular device..then patching the hell out of it and loading it up with all the maps you can lay your hands on..

and there was you thinking I'd gone all puritan on you..

macapaca is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

I quite agree guys, chasing the highest numbered navcore is not the way.
    Many moons ago I grabbed 9004 and have played with it until I got it all singing, all dancing, now when my friends ask me to modify their TT's, I simply copy my navcore to their TT, modify the necessary files and away they go.
    I have had comments like " but is this the latest navcore", I reply, "it may not be the latest, but it all works and without fault".
    It takes you where you want to go, answers your phone, reads out your sms, takes your spoken instructions, warns when approacing cameras, plays your favourite music", even a chauffer could not do all that at the same time.
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

gpsland is offline Private
    Thanks

will yours file work on a tt 720

gpsland is offline Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macapaca View Post
    I quite agree guys, chasing the highest numbered navcore is not the way.
    Many moons ago I grabbed 9004 and have played with it until I got it all singing, all dancing, now when my friends ask me to modify their TT's, I simply copy my navcore to their TT, modify the necessary files and away they go.
    I have had comments like " but is this the latest navcore", I reply, "it may not be the latest, but it all works and without fault".
    It takes you where you want to go, answers your phone, reads out your sms, takes your spoken instructions, warns when approacing cameras, plays your favourite music", even a chauffer could not do all that at the same time.
    update mine