GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: 64mb to little for tomtom 7.910.9185 ? (Not enough memory error)

Thanks

64mb to little for tomtom 7.910.9185 ? (Not enough memory error)

Hi.
    I installed TomTom 7.910 on my WIN CE 6.0 device, that have 64mb and 800x480 display. This is the only verison I got working, all versions above would not work.
    So today I have worked many hours to get this working without recieve the error "Unable to start. Not enough memory is available".
    I have searched and searched and tried many solutions, but no one worked. I got this working on a similar device with 320x240 display, but because It's bigger resolution now it uses more RAM.
    The software works FINE if not insterting the maps. I also got it started without the voice folder insterted.
    Is it not possible to get this working with 800x480 and 64mb ?

Here is a picture added from the emulator I play with (64mb dedicated), got it started with the maps but without voices, and as you can see ram is very little.
    Hope I can get some help.

Last edited by Iceman22; 20th August 2010 at 22:53.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman22 For This Useful Post:

jedi is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: 64mb to little for tomtom 7.910.9185 ? (Not enough memory error)

my tomtom says it has 22mb free, but when i updated to 850 maps, i was getting out of memory errors, I just removed some of my favorits and pio`s and now seems t work fine, I think a pna device with 64mb is right on the limits, im using wice 5.0 by the way. try moving the memory slider in system to give you move memory also.

Guidorenato is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman22 View Post
    Hi.
    I installed TomTom 7.910 on my WIN CE 6.0 device, that have 64mb and 800x480 display. This is the only verison I got working, all versions above would not work.
    So today I have worked many hours to get this working without recieve the error "Unable to start. Not enough memory is available".
    I have searched and searched and tried many solutions, but no one worked. I got this working on a similar device with 320x240 display, but because It's bigger resolution now it uses more RAM.
    The software works FINE if not insterting the maps. I also got it started without the voice folder insterted.
    Is it not possible to get this working with 800x480 and 64mb ?

Here is a picture added from the emulator I play with (64mb dedicated), got it started with the maps but without voices, and as you can see ram is very little.
    Hope I can get some help.
    Have you tried using this?---->CLIK

crabber is offline Corporal
    Thanks

@Iceman22, I am having exactly the same problem as you but my Chinese GPS runs wince 6.0 and has 128 memory.
    I am getting help in another thread but would like to try an emulator as you have been doing.
    Please could you tell me what you use and give me a brief description of how to use it?