GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: messed up my tomtom go 530

bass junkie is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

messed up my tomtom go 530

hi guys...my tomtom was working fine.....but i changed the mode to x50..was messing about with it...now it shows my current position when i switch it on fine...but when i tap the screen....all i get is "Main menu 1 of 0"....with 6 blue arrows on the screen...i can tap them but nothing happens...tried a reset but still the same..any ideas ?..ta

lemonfish is offline Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 305 Posts

Re: messed up my tomtom go 530

Quote Originally Posted by bass junkie View Post
    hi guys...my tomtom was working fine.....but i changed the mode to x50..was messing about with it...now it shows my current position when i switch it on fine...but when i tap the screen....all i get is "Main menu 1 of 0"....with 6 blue arrows on the screen...i can tap them but nothing happens...tried a reset but still the same..any ideas ?..ta
    x50 mode emulates a GO 50 series unit, x40 mode emulates a GO 40 series unit, and x30 emulates a GO 30 series unit like yours.
    Therefore you should be using x30 emulation mode. How does x30 mode work with your navcore?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lemonfish View Post
    How does x30 mode work with your navcore?
    dont know mate....cos i cant get back into the menu optio0ns to change back to x30.....where is this setting stored on my SD card ?..so i can go and change it back to x30 ?..ta

Thanks

Depending on the navcore, you may have a Config folder with the files "setconfig.txt" file and/or "model.txt". You can change the emulation there. If they aren't there, you may be able to create a file "model.txt" in the root of your card and just add the text:
    x30
    Try that and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks

coudnt find the "config folder"..and tried create file "model.txt"....didnt work..its the truck navcore 8.396.1914

Thanks

There's a directory called TomTom-Cfg on that navcore. Whether there's something to change in there though I can't say as I've only started messing about recently myself. I just had a look as we have the same setup by the sound of it.

Thanks

bass junkie,
    I was just thinking... by the time I figure out how to change the emulation on your navcore, it would be quicker to just format your card and install everything again from scratch
    Since you've done it before and it was working fine, it should only take you a few minutes.

Thanks

yes mate...thanks for your help and advice....ive just reformatted the card and put everything back on again...didnt really want to do it, but like you said by the time youve figured it out...it would have been quicker just to reinstall everything...which I have..THANKS...

Thanks

I'm glad to hear that you finally got the truck navcore and truck maps working on your device. Take it for a test run and let us know how it performs.

All the best!