GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: TThome and win7

tinca67 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

TThome and win7

well was just about to go on my birthday day out fishing and updated me TT via home, now i needed TT as it was a 240 mile round trip , but the TT home decided it needed to update the applications and at 3 in the morning i wasnt on the ball so by the time i woke up from my stewper , i had re-installed the appsnow me maps was not recognized and i was not a happy bunny being already late, i tried to activate them with autoactivate but that didnt work , luckly fastactivate did so after being buggered around all was well . but why does this happen with win7 and also why does it take so long and have problem with updating the apps in win7 , i had to change to the wifes vista puter to sort it out and didnt have any problems with that, anyway back to normal , even though i had a crap birthday Gaz

macapaca is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Re: TThome and win7

Windows 7 has a slower file transfer rate than Vista which makes it seem very slow, also Vista contains "net framework", download and install the latest version into 7, it will make it better, and run everything as "administrator".
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

ChillyCat is offline Command Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macapaca View Post
    Windows 7 has a slower file transfer rate than Vista which makes it seem very slow".
    Whoa ! Where did that come from ?

Please substanciate these comments. A link would be handy and appreciated

macapaca is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChillyCat View Post
    Whoa ! Where did that come from ?

Please substanciate these comments. A link would be handy and appreciated
    It's a well known fact that win 7 has a slower transfer rate using USB storage devices. Tom's hardware has been debating it for some time now, and several users are now using 3rd party copying apps to get the transfer speed up. Perhaps when USB 3.0 becomes the norm things will improve.
    And by the way in the computer fraternity using big bold font indicates you are shouting.
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

tinca67 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

#Thought i was upto date with net framework, will have to have a nose about and see, certainly slower then vista thats for sure, but could it be due to the TT being fat and me Op being ntfs? Cheers Gaz