GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Convert chinese single din head unit ES768D running WINCE 5.0 to TOMTOM NAv7

afpe45 is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Question Convert chinese single din head unit ES768D running WINCE 5.0 to TOMTOM NAv7

Hi,
    I have a chinese single din unit,from erising model es768d running Wince5 ,it came with IGO8 on a 2gb sd card,it is suposed to be able to run tomtom navigator.
    I have tomtom nav6 running in my ORBIT1 PDA , I put the sd card with tomtom nav6 into the es768d,and it won't load.
    I also want to upgrade to tomtom nav7,mabe better to help me from scratch with tomtom nav7 than 6.
    also what is PNA, Iknow PDA, but not PNA.
    cheers,
    afpe45

crabber is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Convert chinese single din head unit ES768D running WINCE 5.0 to TOMTOM NAv7

As far as I understand it, a PNA is a Personal Navigation Assistant this runs windows mobile but the core edition (WinCE) which has its primary use of navigation where a PDA Personal Data (or digital) Assistant runs windows mobile but the classic or professional edition which has many more features.
    Best of luck running tomtom, lots of people have it working but I just cannot make it work on a wince 6.0 device, it always fails with "not enough memory" error I have tried every version and map and map settings known to man but it just will not work.