GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Updated my boot loader and purchased new maps

Thanks

Question Updated my boot loader and purchased new maps

I have a TomTom One XL, and I really never updated the boot loader or maps in anyway, and my TomTom was working fine. So at office depot they had a **** for a 4gig SDHC card for only 10 dollars and I went ahead and bought it. Once I got home I then plugged the SD card and realized that it did not work, and I did some research here and found out that I had the original boot loader that came with it but then I needed to upgrade it, so I went ahead and loaded 5.5128 for my TomTom XL.

I am running app 8.010 (9369/080529) OS:190943 GPS v1.21, Boot 5.5128, I purchased the recent US and UK maps from the TomTom Home application. I don't care about buying the maps the company I work for can expense it for me, I just need to get my TomTom working.

I am a US citizen working in the UK and I need the TomTom to work, the maps load fine and I can switch between maps but apparently my TomTom is not picking up any GPS signal at all. What could be the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If nothing else works, I have my Iphone 4 with IOS 4.1 and I can jailbreak it so I can install the TomTom app and load the UK maps, that's my last option at this moment. I really need a GPS unit so I can drive around in the UK.

Also, all of my maps are the latest ones offered from the TomTom HOME app, which is 855.2931.
    Last edited by mega87; 20th October 2010 at 08:43. Reason: Map correction version

theunderling is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Updated my boot loader and purchased new maps

Thanks

Re: Updated my boot loader and purchased new maps

Got it working much thanks!