GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Tomtom One-XL not detected with Windows SEVEN

allergique is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Tomtom One-XL not detected with Windows SEVEN

Hello,

Since i have Windows seven, my Tomtom One-XL is not detected correctly on my computer.

In the device manager (in control panel) my tomtom is detected (without icon), but in the windows explorer the tomtom in not present.

I don't know why, windows seven doesn't want to give a letter to the tomtom.

Does someone can help me please?

I give some picture that i've made some month ago (some commentary on the pictures are in french... sorry)

1) In the device manager the tomtom is activated

2) The commentary on the top is with windows seven, no fat32 and no letter given
    The commentary on the bottom is with my old computer with Windows XP and a letter given and fat32 detected

Thank you for your help. I wish that my bad english is comprehensible

su_A_ve is offline Staff Sergeant
    Thanks

Re: Tomtom One-XL not detected with Windows SEVEN

One is from device manager, the other is from disk management.

Chances are, the drive is being assigned a letter already in use. You need to go to disk management (right click on my Computer, select manage, then select Disk management). You should then see the partition more than likely without a drive letter. right click and assign it one.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

When i try to assign a letter to the disk, i have this error message

Do you know why this hapened?

macapaca is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

I had same problem, fixed it by formatting the tomtom. Windows then found it and I restored my backup
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Thanks

I'll try if it works

i must format my sd-card in fat32 or in ntfs?

Thank you

macapaca is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Fat 32, not NTFS
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

rgs
    rgs is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Hmm - for your Win - Démarrer -> cmd.exe -> cd %SystemRoot%\System32\Diskmgmt.msc

This should open the disk management directly without the usual MMC container from "Computer Management" in case MMC causes problems with some other addins.

Back to the problem - did a chkdsk report something if you didn't formatted yet ? Might be just the filesystem is corrupted and Windows is bitching around with it.
    Other things that might help are using a different USB port and explicitly removing the assigned driver letter. Then opening again cmd.exe and

set devmgt_show_nonpresent_devices=1
    set devmgt_show_hidden_devices=1
    devmgmt.msc

Enable in the top menu "Show hidden devices" - then devices that have been connected to your machine but aren't connected yet are shown (bit more gray).
    Removing the drivers there and once connecting such a device again Win will start with the install process like it does if the device is connected the first time.

kazupp is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Why just don't install TTHome? It should add proper drivers for your device. Or try to change usb cable.

rgs
    rgs is offline Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazupp View Post
    It should add proper drivers for your device
    Nope - it doesn't add any drivers except it's (quite useless) service. Still there're no drivers installed. Tomtom devices are usually nothing else than a small Linux running on a FAT32 device and they're detected as external USB drive by Windows so no drivers are required.

So if there's no connection to a device it's either the device is gone or there's an USB problem with OS or hardware.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rgs View Post
    Hmm - for your Win - Démarrer -> cmd.exe -> cd %SystemRoot%\System32\Diskmgmt.msc

This should open the disk management directly without the usual MMC container from "Computer Management" in case MMC causes problems with some other addins.

Back to the problem - did a chkdsk report something if you didn't formatted yet ? Might be just the filesystem is corrupted and Windows is bitching around with it.
    Other things that might help are using a different USB port and explicitly removing the assigned driver letter. Then opening again cmd.exe and

set devmgt_show_nonpresent_devices=1
    set devmgt_show_hidden_devices=1
    devmgmt.msc

Enable in the top menu "Show hidden devices" - then devices that have been connected to your machine but aren't connected yet are shown (bit more gray).
    Removing the drivers there and once connecting such a device again Win will start with the install process like it does if the device is connected the first time.
    Hello,

I have formatted but nothing changes

When i connect my tomtom to my computer, it's detected but only in the device manager.
    I've tried to show hidden devices with cmd.exe but nothing changes.

My cable and usb port are good, because when i connect my tomtom with Virtual XP Mode it works.

If i uninstall the tomtom in the device management, the driver of the tomtom is installed again, but the device appears only in the device manager

Quote Originally Posted by kazupp View Post
    Why just don't install TTHome? It should add proper drivers for your device. Or try to change usb cable.
    TTHome is installed, but windows doesn't assign a letter. Without letter the tomtom isn't detected by TTHome...

I've seen something yesterday, when i put the SD-card in a usb reader, TTHome detect my SD-Card like a Tomtom but only when the sd-card is connected...

I don't understand why TTHome see a tomtom when the device isn't connected and why TTHome doesn't see the tomtom when it's connected