GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: [solved] Loose sound after going past speed cameras

mitchathome is offline Private
    Thanks

[solved] Loose sound after going past speed cameras

Hi all,

Great to see the site back up and running again and I hope someone can help with the above. My device is as follows:

TomTom One XL Live
    Nav: 9.026
    64mb Ram (12 mb free)
    Bootloader 5.5138
    Map 845.2645 UK & ROI

You can no doubt tell that I have updated the device from original and I have been experimenting with various Maps and Navcores and I thought I had this one working tidy. I cant remember how this fault developed but I have recently done a 1300 mile round trip in a week from South England to Scotland and back. Overall the TomTom and live services worked fine but I notice that each time I pass a speed camera on route I get a warning which is fine but the next time I expect a command to go one way or the other it remains silent. If I restart the device then everything returns to normal until of course I come across another speed camera. I am using Vocalizer TTS voice Serena as I couldn't get any of the Loquendo voices to work.
    I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knows of a work around. I still have various maps and navcores saved on my PC so returning to the original is not a problem, its just that I like the 9.026 menu's and would like to keep it if possible.

Shaman is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Loose sound after going past speed cameras

Do you use a build-in sound for your speed-cams or did you put in one off your own?
    If you use a .ogg file of your own, just throw it out and try one of the original tomtom sounds. Probably your .ogg is corrupt.

Thanks

Forgive my loose spelling !! but yes I am using the normal beep sound as provided by, is it map or navcore I'm not sure and not anything that I have made up. I have however just made a 50 mile journey and I notice that I lose the sound after Average speedcams have been detected. I passed a number of gatsos coming in to town but still received direction instructions after that but as soon as I had been warned about an Av speed cam I did not receive any more directions. I then switched the device off and on and normal service resumed, confused !!
    I am open to suggestions but would the first port of call be to replace the .ogg file with one from a different navcore/map be a sensible start ?

matt_mel96 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

I was having similar trouble with this occurrence too and definitely confirmed fault to be a faulty .ogg as Shaman advised. Try selecting a different sound for the Av speed cams and you will probably find that it will work OK. If that does work either continue to use that new sound or download a copy of the .ogg file from an original backup.

Thanks

Will give it a go and report back thanks

Thanks

Need some more help on this if possible. Which .ogg file is likely to be the culprit and where in the file structure will I find it

Thanks in advance

Shaman is offline Corporal
    Thanks

You can't remove the original tomtom sounds. Just choose another sound from the list.

matt_mel96 is offline Corporal
    Thanks

Whichever sound you currently have for the Av type speedcams is the most likely culprit. Seeing as how the Gatso works fine, try selecting the same sound as that and see what happens. If that fixes it and you want to keep different sounds for different camera types, it will simply be a case of trial error to work out which ones do work and which don't.

02xdaaus is offline Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Try over writting this file into your Loquendo folder and your TTS voices should work and it may fix you silence after speed camera issue as well.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt_mel96 View Post
    Whichever sound you currently have for the Av type speedcams is the most likely culprit. Seeing as how the Gatso works fine, try selecting the same sound as that and see what happens. If that fixes it and you want to keep different sounds for different camera types, it will simply be a case of trial error to work out which ones do work and which don't.
    Fixed ! I have been using the same sound for all camera warnings, but as soon as I changed the sound for average cameras it cured the problem and all is working as should be.

Many thanks to replies and advice, keep up the good work