GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Need help. Trying to update maps, always failing.

Thanks

Need help. Trying to update maps, always failing.

I have spent hours upon hours researching and reading tutorials how to update maps and navcore on the tomtom one, and have gone through the entire process multiple times. But every single time I ever do, tomtom won't boot, just has the splash screen and a image of an sd card that comes up with an x over it.

Here are the details of the most recent of 3 tries. its a tomtom one with sd card slot.

-Formatted the 4gb class 6 sdhc card
    -installed an already patched 8.544 navcore
    -installed north america 845.2645 maps
    -used alberts easy activator and the correct device id and meta.txt to successfully generate the dct file

Everything seems successful and I followed all instructions exactly but tomtom simply will not start. Just that sd card with an x through it.

This is the 3rd time I've gone through the entire process, I've tried other navcore and map versions the other 2 times (ones that are supposed to be compatible), but I always get the same result.

Thanks

Re: Need help. Trying to update maps, always failing.

I think I finally figured it out, apparently the tomtom doesn't support the fat32 file system. I got out an old 2gb fat16 sd card and transferred the files over and it worked.