GPSUNDERGROUND FORUM IS ON SALE

Thread: Unusual One XL screen problem

noseyparker is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Unusual One XL screen problem

For some reason the map underlay is no longer being shown on my One XL, only navigation icons that are overlayed on the map - turn arrows and a short section of the road:

Unusual One XL screen problem-dump.jpg

It was working fine and then on a reboot the map wasn't there. I deleted and reinstalled all files after reformatting from full backups from 3 generations of maps and two navcore versions, including a backup from the unit as it came out of the box, and reinstalled files using Home after a format. But still no map.

I'm guessing it is probably hardware, but if it is a graphic processing problem why is it showing navigation icons and not the map?

Any insights appreciated

noseyparker is offline Lance Corporal
    Thanks

Re: Unusual One XL screen problem

Thank you yuriyggg, that seems to have solved it.

I don't understand how that setting was changed. But I am even more puzzled why reverting to backups didn't resolve this. The backups definitely didn't have the 'don't show maps' button checked when created. The only explanation I can think of is that this setting is held at the bootloader level, which would be odd, IMHO.

Again, thanks. You have ended weeks of frustration

PS: I have now reinstalled fro0m the same backup twice after first changing safety settings and then formating the device, and the settings are retained after a format and copying files from backups. Which does suggest these are stored at a very low level, that is by the bootloader.
    Last edited by noseyparker; 13th November 2010 at 10:35. Reason: additional in fo