if you want just add gratis speedcam (like POI) you have to see this site :
in english, with google translate:
Installation of radars in: v1 Start / Start ² / ² XL / XXL ²
Tomtomax messaged "1 November 2009 10:13
Installation of radar Tomtomax
Start the Tomtom in v1 / Start ² / ² IQ Routes Edition / Edition XXL IQ Routes ²
Important Note: The TomTom IQ Routes ² Edition features an updated 9150 software that greatly simplifies the task. You no longer have to follow the procedure below.
To set up radar on GPS, visit Image
You noticed that your Tomtom GPS has very limited menu.
In the present state, it is not possible to integrate and configure the radar other than Tomtom (paid subscription).
We offer an easy way to fill this gap: we'll create a personal menu to bring up the provisional feature to set the radar Tomtomax.Attention:
1. We recommend manipulations that will follow for people without the necessary foundation in computer science (window management, desktop, file browser, web browser ...).
2. Before undertaking anything, you must make a backup in case! Indeed, without backup, no turning back: 3. The administrators can not be held responsible for the use of the tools at your disposal on this site.
Although tested by us, the use of these files is at your own risk.
Video user guide
for installation and configuration of the radars in Tomtomax Tomtom v1 Start / Start ² / ² IQ Routes Edition / Edition XXL IQ Routes ²
1) Integration of the menu in the Personal GPS
1. Connect your GPS to the computer, and click Yes
2. Make a backup of your TomTom:>> HERE <<
3. We will create a menu provisional amended to bring up the functionality we need to set the radar Tomtomax.
1. Easy installation and automatic Personal Menu
1. Download our "Install Menu" on the site KoakDesign
This program is multi-OS (supports Windows / Mac / Linux)
3. Click "Install Menu Tomtomax"
4. The menu is installed Me
5. Expect that nothing happens to the GPS (more red)
2. Manual positioning of the menu Me
1. Download the Personal menu below:
Click>> HERE <<to download the file
2. unzip the zip file you just downloaded
3. you end up with a folder named "sdkregistry" and having inside a file named "tomtom.mnu"
4. Copy the folder "sdkregistry" and paste it at the root of the Tomtom
Note: what is the root of Tomtom?
this is where all the files and folders Tomtom (it is also called "general inventory").
To get there, start menu / My Computer (Computer on Vista and Seven) / and double click the icon for the Tomtom.
The file "sdkregistry" ends up with other folders and files Tomtom GPS.
5. Expect that nothing happens to the GPS (more red)
2) Creating POI categories (radar)
This phase is optional, so you are not obliged to do.
It overcomes a known bug for Tomtom GPS: the wild déparamétrage radar when using TomTom Home software.
If you do not want to take this step "2) Creating POI categories (radar)", go directly to the phase "3) Download Tomtomax radar" of this manual.
1. When nothing happens to the GPS (more red), turn off the GPS Tomtom by pressing the ON / OFF
Attention should never disconnect the GPS Tomtom when it works (animation on the screen).
2. Disconnect the USB cable from the GPS and turn on.
GPS Tomtom reboots.
3. Following the model of GPS you have, 2 menu types can appear:
Picture or Image
4. Whatever the menu that appears, click the "Done" button located at the bottom right of the screen.
A new menu appears: "Manage POI"
5. With this menu, we will create categories of POIs (speed cameras);
This manipulation is necessary in order not to be bothered by a bug in the software TomtomHome.
1. Click the "Manage POI"
2. Click the "Add Category"
3. We will create all types of radar Tomtom, it will take you less than 5 min, and it will be to do only once! Oufff!
4. Type "RF-030" and click "ok"
Note: What does f-030?
RF-030 is the abbreviation of one of our categories of radars; Rf-030 = Fixed Radar 30 km / h
Here is a list of all abbreviations radar Tomtomax
5. Select an icon (any, this has absolutely no importance, since they will then be replaced by those icons of our radars)
6. Repeat the procedure for creating POI category for all those Tomtomax => see the list below:
List of POI categories to be created:
3) Download radars Tomtomax
1. Once the categories are created, download and install our software Maxi-Box: 2. Once installed, you must sign in with your username that you rely on this forum.
Remember, if your antivirus or firewall (firewall) asks for permission for the Maxi-Box can connect to the internet, must answer YES.
3. Connect your GPS TomTom to the computer
4. Once connected to the Maxi-Box, click on the radar
5. Click on the Premium package
Tomtomax radar will automatically be downloaded and installed on your TomTom GPS.
6. Once installation is complete, wait until the GPS is no longer working (nothing happens on screen GPS)
and press the power button
7. Disconnect the USB cable, and restart the GPS.
4) Set the radar Tomtomax
Before setting up the radar, it is important to understand their operation and limitations of the system:
Principle of operation:
When setting up the radar, Tomtom asked you a distance alert ("Warn less:") that you specified (eg 250m)
If you approach the radar at the distance you have set, the radar will "wake up" and an alert sound.
We must understand the principle of the alert distance and the current limitations of this system, you will define a perimeter around the warning radar set;
When you return to the perimeter, an alert (visual and audible) sound.
To understand, consider the example of the drawing above, we see that two cameras are present (80 and 50km / h);
We set the distance warning radar moving 80 km / h to 500 meters, the scope of this warning radar is materialized by a red circle;
We set the distance warning radar moving 50 km / h to 300 meters, the scope of this warning radar is evidenced by the green circle;
If the vehicle (blue arrow in the figure) falls within the scope of a radar warning, an alert sounds (in the case of mobile speed 80 km / h: a visual alert (popup shows "80" at the top left with the distance that separates me from him) and noise sounded.
We can see that the vehicle is not returned within the boundaries of mobile speed 50 km / h (green circle) => no warning from the mobile speed 50 km / h.
As you can see, the vehicle (blue arrow) does not take the direction of roads controlled by the 2 cameras! And yet it is marred by safety cameras that do not concern him.
That's a limitation of the system But there is a parade to avoid getting interfere with radars that do not concern you and is called "IP on courses only" we will develop later in this mode employment.
Second weakness of the system: warning radar is not able to differentiate the direction of flow. (Warning in 2 directions)
- A fixed camera monitoring vehicles on a road that run from north to south: the warning on the Tomtom will normally be in this direction is correct.
Take the same route, but this time it borrowed in the other direction, from South to North The alert will also even if you do not have this radar that controls only the other way.
Note that this feature exists regardless of the manufacturer of GPS;
Now that you understand the operation of warning radars, we will set:
Manipulation will be done only once, they had less than 10 min:
1. Click the "Manage POI"
2. Click the "Warn when near POI
One by one, we'll set up each class of radars; We are going to define a distance warning, and confirm the alert sound Tomtomax.
3. Type RTS, and select the radar rfr
4. set the warning distance at which you want to be notified for this class of radar.
Note, here are some possible examples of distance alert:
Fixed Radar 30 km / h: 250 meters
Fixed Radar 50 km / h: 300 meters
Fixed Radar 60 km / h: 350 meters
Fixed Radar 70 km / h: 400 meters
Fixed Radar 80 km / h: 500 meters
Fixed Radar 90 km / h: 600 meters
Fixed Radar 110 km / h: 750 meters
Fixed Radar 130 km / h: 1000 meters
Radar crossing red light: 250 meters
Radar distance between 2 vehicles: 1000m
Warning radars tunnel: 100-150m
Accident-prone area: 600m
5. Very important:
At the window, "Is this the tone that you want to select?"
=> Click on YES Mandatory
6. Check or not option "on Pi transport only"
You'll get all the explanations of this option on # pi-on-radar-term
7. Repeat the setup procedure from step 1 of this manual for other types of radars Tomtomax.
As a reminder, here is the list of radars Tomtomax to set:
Note 1: To verify that the radar Tomtomax setting is correct, you are next to each category of radar a small speaker.
Tomtom menu / Manage POIs / Warn when near POI:
Presence of a loudspeaker: POI category set
Lack of a small speaker: POI category non-parameterized
Note 2: The category "0_version_radars_tomtomax" is not set, it is only there to tell you (see icon for) the date of the Camera Update.
5) Remove personal menu to find the original menu
* Connect your GPS to the computer,
2 solutions to remove our personal menu:
1. Easy removal and automatic menu Me
1. Download our "Installer Menu"
3. Click "Uninstall Menu Tomtomax"
2. The menu is personal Tomtomax uninstalled. You will then find your original menu.
3. Manually Removing Personal Menu
1. Go to the root of Tomtom (Start Menu / My Computer (Computer on Vista and Seven) / and double click the icon Tomtom GPS)
2. click on the folder "sdkregistry" to select (from blue)
3. delete the folder "sdkregistry"
4. Tomtom wait no longer working (screen which comes alive more)
5. turn off the GPS, disconnect the USB cable and switch on again.
6. You normally find the original menu of GPS
Your GPS is now fully functional, the radars are installed and configured Tomtomax.